View Single Post
Old 26-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
o.g.sk8er

Car: Mazda Pro5
Quote:
Originally Posted by phly View Post
love the wheels on your car. what brand/style are they and whats the offset and stuff?
thanks bro!
wheels: XXR (cheap over here 390 total for all 4)
002 model 16x8. a little heavy at 16lbs each.

suspension:
BC coilvers
GT Spec front tie bar
GT Spec 4 point ladder bar
AWR end links (noisy! lol)
MSP/MP3 rear sway bar with matching subframe
GT Spec v-brace w/reinforcement panel
GT Spec upper rear strut bar
AWR rear trailing arms
Im sure I forgot some stuff. lol

and of course the camber and toe settings, which I do myself. the alignment on these cars cars is quite easy. theres only camber, and toe to adjust, no caster. so its really not hard at all. the rear is harder to do than the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble323 View Post
Man that honda is very low - pause it at 5sec's in that video, if he did go over i bet he would have damaged under the car badly !

oh yea man he would have wrecked badly if he kept on going. lol
those guys didnt even need to sneak in like that. the gates were reopened right after that vid was taken. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
I love dubs miata, but man he is an absolute twat on mazdas247, thinking he's some elite having a low miata...

Your Pro5 looks good as always mate
greg is actually a pretty mellow guy in person. hes not so bad when you know him. he just like to mess with people on that board I think. lol

thanks for your kind words words marc! you'd kill me if I told you I curbed a wheel yesterday at work. so pissed about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisdaniel View Post
Wish we had event that big here. Found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReE9rqEY9M
In Aus you wouldn't go 2 days with a car like that before being defected, what are the laws over there? Is it illegal to have a car that low with wheels so much wider than stock?
well you guys can start a big meet using the right advertising and such. you guys have a big car following over there, and I think it would take off big time if you get the word out there.
I have to wait to watch that vid as Im at work right now and its blocked. shhh, dont tell Im here posting! lol
yea, we have some really bad roads here, and I know some will drive out of their way to avoid them. Others just drive over and scrape, not caring at all. lol I try and go slow over bumps of course, but if I know I'm going to hold up a line of cars, I will just pull over and wait till they pass. its just safer that way. after all, Im the one blocking cars, not them. lol
We do have laws regarding lowering here, but they arent as enforced as much as emission laws and running with no front plates. lol Police were giving tickets left and right at that meet for this.
One lowering law states the side skirt area of the car cannot be lower than the sidewall/rim and the bottom park of the wheel. Hard to explain. lol
Basically, if its on the ground, you might get hassled. Also, there are so many people with wide wheels that the police would be ticketing every other car. lol Some dealers even set up cars real low with widere wheel set ups. But I have had no trouble with either (yet).

found another pic from that meet.

Last edited by o.g.sk8er; 26-05-2011 at 12:49 AM.
o.g.sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote