View Single Post
Old 19-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #31
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
you lot are worried about nothing

Rotaries aren't that big a drinkers- The difference is HOW you drive one. They are more effected that way.

example is my own wagon - best city is 340km's to 55Ls used it's got 60L tank. Yeah I bleed it dry and it's got non baffelld tank AKA it starves below 1/4 level.
on highway proberly get 500km's If I use 5th gear. I've got the nice extra high 2.2L 5th gear in my G sereis 0.710

but I in city I drive it 1st 2nd - maybe 3rd gear- Yes that's right I dont' drive it below approx 2500rpm. It's tall ratio'd carrying a 1400KG body.
maybe if I was like Bitch and I tuned it for more economy ( I tuned it for pure torque)

SKITZ forget economy just drive it like your OWN it.

If you can't afford to fill it up each week - YOu can't afford a car period.

it's like can't afford tyres rego etc - You can't afford the car. Live with out it.

On the Rx-8 - apparenlty the car drives better on track with 18's or 17's can't remember but what ever the first version back in 03 came out with.
Plus the 19's rubber - IMO it's just extra wasted dolalrs on looks. As most 19's inch tyres that are decent priced are **** -I mean ****. even some of the bigger branded stuff is poor grip. Mates very disapointed with his 19's on his 300C I think there dunlop sports sp. or something like that. His Michelin pilots were heaps better. yes the it does fry them both.

Oh Pics woudl be nice but if you haven't seen one see your local mazda showroom? Ask to borrow it as well
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote