View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #6
rolf

Car: mazda 323
bent plug

totally impossible that the belt slipped the first victim would be the inlet valves mabe the plug was dropped on instalation or the plug is to long [/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnerj View Post
Hi
I have a 2002 323 sp20. Yesterday upon start up I heard a knocking sound and the car was sluggish on the drive home from work. Under closer inspection I have found that leads and coil packs are fine, as my fiancé also has a sp20 which I could swap them with. Car still had the same problem. I then checked the plugs to notice that the piston has hit one of my spark plugs and closed the gap between the pins. Clearly the cause of the car being sluggish. I bent the spark plug pin back and reassembled the the rest. I drove the car from the front yard to the garage and the sluggish problem was resolved.
I am now trying to figure out what caused the piston to hit the plug. My assumption would be that the time belt slipped.
Any suggestions.
I also have another question. The fact that the engine seems to be running fine, does that mean that the valves and cam gear have not been damaged in the process?

Any advise on the matter would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote