View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 Astina BA
The Family Heirloom - '97 BA Hardtop

Just putting this here so I fill it in when I get the car back tonight...and you guys can shout at me if I don't haha.

What you (will) are looking at is my '97 BA Series 3 hardtop. It's seen some hard times but homefully it's time for that to change.

Came from the yard with Speedy wheels. Has air-con but other than that it's pretty granny spec.

It's life started when Dad picked it up sometime in 1997, when I was 8. I can remember arguing with him over what colour we wanted (I wanted the aqua color but he ended up going with Nobel Green )

The first memory I have of it is when we took it to Wombeyan Caves (I think?) for a camping trip when I was still in Cub Scouts. I remember it involved Mum looping the first Savage Garden album over and over in the tape deck and driving along a gravel road with Dad gritting his teeth - the car was 3 days old then!

Between then and 2010, my Dad drove this car to work everyday, then gave it to Mum when we got a 4WD Nissan, who then parked it in Cronulla for people to ram their doors into it every day and give it permanent scarring to 95% of it's body I also learnt how to drive manual in this car, and did my P's test in it!

I then drove around a VB Commodore and a G200 Charade between then and 2010, when I received this

All I've done with it up until now is really just getting it serviced when it needed it. Didn't particularly tickly my fancy to be honest, there was so many things wrong with it that it made me angry to drive it

First mod I did was put a Kenwood head unit in it (which has recently died).

Then a couple of months ago I started modding it...

So far I've added a Mazdaspeed rear muffler, a 2000 MX5 Nardi, nylon shifter bushings with a short shifter, and just got a major service on it!

This is what it looks like at the moment (03/08/12)...

Last edited by himynameisbunny; 20-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.
himynameisbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links