Thread: Ghe770
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2014, 02:37 AM   #152
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Depends how hard you go with the cam shaft. IF you go crazy N/A then it matters lot.

My experience with mostly N/A V8's - headers or variations - especially due to steering box's and frames on small cars' Don't always mean a power loss or restriction.

Took a 308 block worked ran NOS and dumped it into a LJ- but did home -backyard header adjustments off the units desgined for the HZ it was out. Same dyno - and it didn't make any difference in fact. We think because shorter exhaust it's why it picked up 5Kw's. We mangled the original Pacemakers.

What I've seen is where applicable more differences with intake systems.
Hi rise manifolds - low type - spacer plates and they seem to especially carby effect the way they come on.
With modern EFI - it seems to be more common on the older cars or where Variable intake systems have issues but mostly FI.

So I think its up to you.

but as for Coatings and heat wrap. I've done both.

For me it's a NO BRAINER NOW.

Be it Compettion coatings or Hi-tech coatings I used both.

I would rather any of them. on GT42 whole housing rear top gray type ceramic - and I was stupid enough to lean on it after a run at WSID- I didn't get more then sunburn not even forgot about it after 10mins.

I've used exhaust manifold black ceramic on stock - aftermarket - massive differences in under bonnet temps.

I currently only because I had them off at time did the polished/chrome variant of the Ultra hi ceramic and only used it on heat shields with un-treaded underneath housing manifold. it won't take over like 300 but perfect. And you can notice it.

Where I am lost is on the intercooler pipes. As I got funny feeling the Insulated type seems to work better but. Have never ever Data logged any type of evidence and it's only seat of pants. but heat soak wise a return pipe cooler to TB - Insulated with heat wrap just seems to feel punchy compared with just coated.
IMO maybe both.

But yeah Heat wrap IMO it's old way now. Rather coat it. Plus very very durable finish's now
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote