View Single Post
Old 16-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #87
Lawsy

Car: 323 Astina 92 (BP 1.8sohc)
You have a G series box, yes?

Exedy standard for the G series flywheel is rouhgly 10-15% stronger than a standard G series clutch (pretty much all exedy OEM replacements are 10% or more than spec)...

Its all you'll need.

I shouldn't really tell you this, but I stuffed up a launch the other day and flared to 5000rpm before letting the clutch out, rev's dropped to just over 4000 and then I stamped on the throttle.... As in, the clutch was semi engaged as I went to take off, but timed it wrong (foot had a spaz attack, I dunno), but I still eased it out with full throttle (normally it would fry a stock clutch. It was a major clutch punisher)...

This thing just bit and actually spun the wheels (on a grippy surface, caught me completely by suprise.... I was actually quite proud of the old girl!!). This WAS NOT a dump, it was an easing out at max torque, the clutch took the heat, nothing else...
I'm quite proud of my usual clutch control, but this was definately one of those "Ahh... doh.. " moments...

Anyways, the moral of the story is, you simply don't need a heavy duty when the exedy standard is more than enough.... (until you go turbo... I highly doubt anything NA with a BP will ever need anything more).

Last edited by Lawsy; 16-04-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Lawsy is offline   Reply With Quote