View Single Post
Old 16-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #45
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylagana View Post
Does this item simply lower your gear knob height? Or actually shorten throws cause I don't see how it shortens throws from image above

Hey mikey pm him tell him to stop sale on eBay u will give him $50 cash lol an I'll come visit
Haha nah it's cool looks like Phil can have this one. I don't have money for that sort of stuff right now. If it was cheaper if have sniped it but I'll save my pennies.

I am almost certain that the product is the same length as stock. However the fulcrum had been moved to gain mechanical advantage. It acts just like a lever.
They've moved the ball pivot thing up the shifter so that a smaller movement in the car equates to a large throw down below. Because the ball is sitting higher up but still mounts in same place you lose in car height on the shifter.

If that explanation doesn't work for you, grab a pen or pencil, grip it in the centre with two fingers so u can pivot it, then move it back and forth like a shifter. Experiment with different pivot points and how much movement you get on each end.

Last edited by mikey_something; 16-11-2011 at 09:20 AM.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote