View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 05:00 AM   #3
Aaron
Stiff Member

Car: 1994 Lynx BP-T
[color=#000000ost_uid0]While I agree with the sentiments of sirex, I do have to ask:

1) Pod Filter, OK cool, so obviously you're talkign cold air intake of some desciption? Not just hanging a pod in the hottest part of the engine bay?

Is there a 'good' location that's already well documented or should we Astina owners be looking around for an area in the wheel arch, low to the ground for mounting the pod then ducting it up into the intake? I'm presuming she doesn't want to cut metal to get this happening?

2) Gutting the Cat or removing it.... What state do live in dude? this is like mega-illegal and really given the fairly low price of replacement cats (assuming the stocker is not flowing well enough) probably dancing with the devil for most.

So have people found that running a single rear box sufficient, or is it was to keep a free flowing resonator or two under the car to keep the noise (inside and out) down? Trying to cover the 'stealth' high-flow exhaust school of thought here?

I've read that headers really to open up the performance potential, are there many Aussie made versions or are we bound to importing from the USA/Japan? I've heard Genie make a nice set?

3) The timing thing, I guess there's a few things to be learnt from teh MX-5 boys there any 'safe' numbers flaoting around - I've heard as high as 16 degrees additional advance can be cranked in when running PULP, sounds high to me considering the engine blows I've seen IT-Rs do on 9 degrees base advance... Maybe 3-4 would give a nice safe kick? Ofcourse a Mazda isn't an IT-R

*p[odners* I'm just trying to parallel my findings for other cars I've had and match them to what the Mazda needs/wants [/colorost_uid0]