View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
nalawa
DBF

Whiteline Swaybar Club

Yes siree Bob,

I'm now a member of the Whiteline Rear Swaybar club. Order a BMR53 for the 98 Hardtop and it arrived yesterday. Picked it up this afternoon and installed it pretty much a soon as I got home. Took the car for a quick spin and got some clunking noise from the rear. Re-checked the install and the bar had somehow got stuck underr the lip of the trailing arm bush. So a quick jack up released the bar and I loosened and the retightened the sway bar bolts. Took it for another quick spin, still some noise but it didn't stick this time. Will give it some time to settle in before I get wooried about the noises. Best thing was the bar was cheaper than quoted When I got there the girl had incorrectly priced the bar at $125.00, being the good customer I inquired about the price difference, and she rechecked the price and it was $156.00 (original quote). But because of my honesty she let me have it for $146.00

Also while I was there I priced the cost of upgrading the supsension and got the following prices:

King Springs (front and Rear) = $280.00
Koni Red Shocks (F & R) = $919.40
Noltec Adjustable Front Strut Mount = $471.43
Noltec rear Camber Bolt kit = $100.00
Whiteline Front Strut Brace = $179.00
4 Wheel alignment = $66.00
Install =$300.00

Total =$2315.83

Quoted after discount (inc install) =$2130.00

Do they look like reasonable prices?
Sponsored Links