Thread: hackers
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
ghetto3

Car: 97 ba 1.8 323
I ended up figuring it out. It was a virus Posing as a norton anti virus update that i unwittingly clicked on. The ip address was, with much persistance, traced to "rakesh" in india. He was sent a stout warning by the federal cyber guys as it was a known scam. Unfortunately for "rakesh" i dont do internet banking for this very reason, nor do i have a paypal account so he/she/it lost interest in me very quickly and moved on to scamming other people.
You'd think with their apparent abundance of intellect they'd find an easier way of making $$$. I mean seriously, how hard would it be for them to fake a working visa and put their skills to use in an affluent country earning 6 figure salaries with the weight of forged documents helping to get their foot in the door of multi national corporations who legitimately scam large sums out of people with the full endorsement of the law behind them?
One way to protect your online purchases is to use a post office issued 'load and go' debit card. It allows acces to visa transactions and it can only be compromised once, preventing scumbags from open access to your hard earnt repeatedly.
Having a low credit rating helps too haha.
ghetto3 is offline   Reply With Quote