View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishdesigner View Post
Thanks, I'm getting a little confused with years, this one is a 1998 with drivers airbag, so it seems that the BA hardtop was sold alongside the early BJ models, is this correct? Any ideas if much was changed through the production years of the hard tops?
The hardtop BA in Oz im pretty sure it was from 1994 to 1998 (i think in japan there are some from 1993) and the BA & BJ both were made in 1998 (last of the BA's)

I think the series 1 & 2 (from 1994 to 1996/97 were pretty similar but the series 3 (97 to 98 - hope im correct) had different/updated stuff to it, for example the interior, especially the door trim are designed differently (personally i liked the series 1 & 2 interior) and i think some engine parts were designed different as well as the ecu and there is some other stuff im sure members here will let you know that are different.

I know with the Hatch BA series 3 the headlights are designed differently, don't think the hardtop changed.

I owned 3 hardtop's all were from 1994 (V6) great cars, i think if i was going to buy another car might buy a 4cyl hardtop and convert it to turbo, but regardless the BA (in my opinion) is the best of all Astina's.

Please someone correct me if im wrong in any info above
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote