View Single Post
Old 25-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #132
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
You cannot tune the boost line with a factory ECU... But a aftermarker ECU you can do whatever you want with. It's not just about maximum hp/kW... You can then tune it the way you want it, linear, non-linear, it's then your choice. Not the factory ECUs choice.

Ryan
Thats what i meant, when i get a stand alone ECU i dont care about extra power as much as tuning the boost line...sori for not explaining it better...down the track after i have invested in a house etc i will look at getting a standalone but for now im sticking with the GTX jspec ecu...should keep me happy for awhile, after all ive kept the NA for almost a year...its still fun..hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool View Post
I was running a vf8 hybrid on my BPT with a stock GTX ecu
it was a fantastic turbo, I loved it

the VJ20 was good because the response was almost instant with boost coming on at just a touch under 2k and have full boost just before 3k

the vf8, you would have 5psi~ by 2500 and it would be in full swing by 3.5k
the vf8 came on harder and stronger than the vj20,
10 psi on the vf8 felt the equivalent of 14psi on the vj20

downside with using a vf8, is that you'll be lucky to get anything more than 11-12 psi out of it before the boost cut kicks in for you
that was the downside,

10psi the vf8 is only just starting to wake up and get ready to rumble..
I could imagine 16~psi on the vf8 would make it an animal
Hey Zero, did you have any major traction problems with this setup, i know being a totally different car and all but this was one of my main concerns with the setup i wanted? People have been telling me ill spin the wheels everywhere becaus ei want response over max power...why did the VF8 hit boost cut with 12psi, doesnt the ECU handle 14 or is it actually measured by the amount of pressure and not the total psi range? this is interesting...

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/

Last edited by zappy65; 25-12-2007 at 12:11 AM.
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote