View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
Introduction

Hey everyone,

Seeing as my car has only just been recently named, I thought it was high time that I started up a build thread to keep up-to-date with the work being done. Without further adieu I present ‘Hugo’ who is my 2003 Mazda Protégé SP20. Hugo was purchased back in 2004 off a couple from Victoria who had been given a work car. I was actually looking at Starry Blue sedans but in I just couldn’t resist buying Hugo after I first jumped in for a test drive.

I have been slowly adding mods here and there starting off with suspension and then ending up with custom cams and a Microtech ecu. I was thinking about going turbo recently but decided not to due to the cost and the reduced reliability. Besides, putting turbos on these cars has been done forever in a day and I want to try and do things differently.

I realise that this could have been the very first post, but I thought that it would be more appropriate to have the mods list up-front to be kept up to date as things progress, followed by a pics post. I will keep the post after this as a “current projects / uninstalled parts” list so that you can see the future plans for the car. On the fifth post I will keep references to significant posts in worklog to try and make it easier for people to find information or a discussion.

Other than that constructive feedback / comments / suggestions are welcome – although please avoid posting one-liners such as “nice ride” (a PM would be appropriate for those). If you would like to comment how about adding a bit more detail or perhaps make a suggestion as well.

Cheers,
Darryl.

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote