View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
TheMAN

Car: .
ABOUT: Lowered BJ alignment specs

Recently, a Club323F member was complaining about premature tyre wear on his car. He has a lowered suspension and the car was aligned using factory Mazda specs. Well it didn't work very well because apparently, you must use a slight toe-out setting in order to stop this. I have no real explanation why except that I know it works for improved handling performance and reduced tyre wear. Mazda's engineers determined these to be the best settings for their turbo BJ model here in the US, which came with a factory lowered suspension (uprated springs and struts). But, there was a goof up in Japan and the car was aligned using standard suspension specs, so uncorrected, excessive tyre wear would result. As a result, North American Mazda dealers were instructed to realign the car using special specs during predelivery inspections.

I found the official memo that I got when I went to the MazdaSpeed training seminar in Houston back in 2002. So now I scanned it so that everyone could use this.
Those of you who have been reading my website will already know that these specs have been there for many years. The others who were at disbelief could now be assured these were given to me by a Mazda training instructor with this PDF:
http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/MSPalignment.pdf