View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
z100

Car: 2003 Protege Sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
2001 was the year I was shopping and your right but it was a N15 it was closer to 2000 - because shoppping for family member. thought a Pulsar was good idea. I did look at N16s but - come on - Seriously I'd rather be seen in a run down laser.

Not as good in any way as N14 is compared to the the N15 IMO for street use other then stock.
One thing a N15 any of the Aus delivered ones 1.6L or SR they all sucked lowered. Even Just20mm. I rode in one a mate had with just basic peeder springs and forget it.
I bounced out of the seat ME -an back in them days I was packing around 120KG Front row forward weight. IT had new shocks the lot fitted.
A BA astina on Eibachs was tight but never ever ever ever BOUNCED OFF LINE.
I remember my mates N15 he put in much better springs but it still didn't grip. I mean. I was following him on same road. both of us with out Square 2.0L engines - of course he's got a lighter 200KG frame and I have a Diff for grip.
But it was dry. One bounce and he almost bought the tree and fence.
Where he was fathering throttle - I was FLAT. Make it worse car desgined in 85 to a what 95 desgin. He put it back to stock too- can't drive kids around in it.

N15 - I'd rather have a EK Civic or something. I was totally disapointed after all the N14's I had grown up in the back seat of in the mid 90's.
To Me it was like WHAT the hell.

I take into account - talking modified cars and I know stock for stock a N15 SSS V SP20 will still take the mazda but I do know stock for stock I could take the Sp20 through REAL ROADS - more flat with confidence then a N15.

All rear trailing beams on the edge get skittish. So I don't compalain about it as a cheap suspesnion. I complain because it's RIP OFF. If the competition can go better why not ? OR make it work better ? Maybe thats the big issue how poor it works on real roads.

the N15 VZ-R with the 1.6L VVT thing has an awsome engine but that is it to me. Just my Opinion
the SR20 still a much better road engine overall.IMO. Might be bit biased having had one in a S13.
Don't take it personally it's Just my opinion from what I've experienced.
Makes sense, I look at the car with slightly rose tinted glasses. Learnt to drive in a N15 SSS, so have a bit of a soft spot for them. Also never had one at the limit, so can't really compare it to, say, my sp20. Could be that the SR20 hides some of the other issues. And yeah, the N16 was a joke!
z100 is offline   Reply With Quote