View Single Post
Old 16-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Well in simple terms.

You have someone wanting to be a superstar gets thins Alleged done and then does not pay. Or a Typical Gold coast con man IMO

This is as noted common. It's why I call 90% of racing especially non club racing Cheque book racing and WTAC is cheque Book Racing.
I heard bits here and there he's not the only one. Take note - Insight motorsport paid for 3 cars to enter I don't think I saw one at the track. even one I know the owner of.
Regardless of what you hear - unemployment is going up and Times are tough. IMO depending on how things go WTAC could be like Drifting soon. Dead.

Many of the cars in the higher end of the field especially local cars. Are owned by ? People who don't actually have much to do with Motorsport. You will note many don't even race the car. Some will say it's to get the best others because they don't actually WANT TO LOOSE .
Some cars are built by shops but they too must have a limit somewhere. Sponsors will only take so much cost off the hands. Many shops silly enough to be involved due to - lets say friendship will put up much cost. Those silly enough not to get half front payment or contract it out legally well ? Kill the friendship.

This is not different to what has happened even in the ATCC or V8 supercars in the past.

It's not that it does not go public, it's just Social media makes it easy to broadcast across to all the people involved.

But you have to question this. Many of the owners of these cars in pro and open- how many are well known Money people ? Meaning your successful John Singleton type ? Most are oh - he owns a Café store - or building company (yet not mirvac) Runs a tyre store ?
Some of them are doing it as a Tax break - but if your not a direct link you get it through sponsorship and only so much.

The amount of money spent and lost by some, I think would be very high at this time.

The irony I find is how many owners are in effect Ripped off by Some workshops - lets say not giving the BEST advice.

I got this funny feeling as always someone looking to make a profit off the glory- basically build it win it and sell it. I don't see any profit but when your getting many products under a development clause it's had to sell.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote