View Single Post
Old 22-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #17
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebz View Post
I'm actually going with your previous advice and going pioneer. The new model ones look really good, probaly better than the ones I have been looking at. The only problem now is which one? It really sh!ts me to have dial-up because everything takes soooooooooooo f*@$ing long to look at. The main question I have with Pioneer is what is the difference between say the DEH-P7950UB and the DEH-P6950IB. They look to be exatly the same to me, bar say $100.

Is there really a difference between 4x50watts Amp than 4x45watts??

So now I am at a crossroad. Atm I am 90% Pioneer, 10% Alpine. Going to have a look at the local Alpine dealer tomorrow to see how they look in the flesh - as I have yet to experience this

I will let you know how that one goes . . . might sway me a littel perhaphs, we shall see.

All I really want is a 'Wow' factor

Cheers for the input guys.

Sleep time

Heb

hey mate the 4X45w ur refering to last time i checked was 16-18wrmsX4 and the 50X4 pioneer one is 22wrmsX4 so its just slightly more power but if ur running an amp for ur speakers dont worry...

as for the difference between the 2 models UB and IB is the UB has a USB port on it to conect external music devices etc and the IB doesnt ... it has an option to have an ipod coneted and a thats about it. but if you dont plan on using an external mp3 player/ipod with ur HU then get the cheaper one. as you WONT notice the diff. that being said i am gussing you will not be using an amp so... if your useing the stock standard speakers either wont matter, but if you have after market speakers i would advise the one with the higher rms rateing as ur speakers wont get as much damnage at high volumes and they will also go louder.

inregards to alpine VS pioneer i have owned both and i personally wont go back to alpine hey dont get me wrong the unit never broke and did all i was after but i love the practicality and usablity of pioneer not to mention there spec level and bang for buck. pioneer is all about HU's thats there key market and they have been making them for yrs they are producing so awsome products with awsome fetures. i thing that now u have had a play with the 07 model pioneers units u will not be swayed by alpine unless its by ur bank....

hope that helps man good luck

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

Last edited by skitz; 22-05-2007 at 10:04 AM.
skitz is offline   Reply With Quote