View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 08:45 PM   #81
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
guys u need to do a bit more home work on the b/b turbos they are far from an instaint boost as you discribe t28 at 8psi on a 2l with front mount is far from big boost an these turbo's can run anything from 2-20psi not going to run on boost from 1000rpm more like 2-2.5 if ur going to hammer it off the mark an want that sort off response you wouldn't even bother with anything we are discussing u would be better buying a nissan gtr or wrx or evo lancer , back on track here he wanted low boost an safe application an as i quoted it has been tested an proven to be the best application by both mazda and garrett turbo's america and australia with outsanding results

ur rite about a rebuild the b/b most cases would be a replacement not a rebuild an as for ur turbo a kit is $370 including the labour , but dont forget it is compulsary for ur style turbo to be idled down for at least 2 minutes so therefore a turbo timer is ur next app meaning more money ,as for the b/b turbo if you shut down straight away it runs on the bearings meaning less chance off a rebuild required were as the r/b the oil is the bearing so if u make a couple off shut downs by mistake no oil pressure up there no oil good bye turbo

all said i quiried that one myself about the rebuild an the cost factor an the ratio to b/b and r/b was something like 8 to 1 for rebuilds so im happy to spend the 1600 noing it should out last a r/b 8 to 1 mind you i say should the luck i have sometimes maybe not

as for running in a turbo car ive own 2 have 1 in this house now my brother has a wrx , im running direct injection b/b turbo trucks i been an owned my fair share i think
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote