Thread: EBC products
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Boy View Post

Nup, SFA difference. Braided lines generally only mask an inadequacy in the brake fluid, and 99.9% of the benefit people service from fitting them is because by default they've had to change the fluid, or because they replaced lines that needing replacing anyways, and fitting new rubber lines would've had the same net affect.

In any production car with a firewall mounted booster there's more loss of feel from the firewall flexing then there'll ever be from the rubber lines expanding...
I have to back this up. On any stock brakes NOTHING. in fact Even on some big brake kits etc. I don't think feel is any different on any car. The only cars I have noticed a Minor difference, is on NON ABS cars and cars with Small brakes. I have to admit when driving a old Ex-taxi - aka look-alike XWGT -ute. Owner did do brake lines and we did notice difference. everything else was new and he only added the lines because they were a gift. But you had to be on it to notice it. So in effect what was **** brakes just made to feel even more ****.
but I have never noticed a pedal feel difference to any car with ABS.
Also has alot to do with new cars better desgin etc. Older cars hoses were longer and allowed to move alot more.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote