View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
whitev6

Car: 98 V6 hatch white manual
great outcome from a few hours of wet and dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev6 View Post
Hi

Begun today to sought out some minor front damage to the BG. Decided to remove the pop up headlight unit.. Much to my surprize the unit was almost free to come out just by removing two top bolts. THe only other thing holding it in is a link from the mechanism. Its a ball jointed rod that attaches to the headlight assembly.. Does any one know if these ball joints are a pop/lever off type job. Looks to be but don't want to go breaking anything.

Thank you
All fixed..just popped the ball joint linkage, and removed easily.. Seems mains brackets to baulkhead had been slightly bent. So I "reviewed" them to great success..Headlight is almost flush but any other alignment is down to the front panel..

Also the really badly finished bumper came up really well with some sand paper then wet and dry.. Obviously a bad previous repair job. Also the middle section of the bumper that had been painted black, rubbed back, really well to an original red.. So so many bad repairs quickly and easily resolved to a bumper just needing a blow over and clear coat ..

I'll leave the centre panel (between bumper and bonnet) 90% for now. I'll eventually replace this section but ok its for now after tugging the original back to almost square.

BTW I am really impressed with the BG and how easily everything removes and replaces.. Smart engineering.. a few bolts and anything comes off..

Last edited by whitev6; 10-05-2015 at 12:38 AM.
whitev6 is offline   Reply With Quote