View Single Post
Old 22-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #19
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
Your volume levels of built in amplification will not make a cent of difference no matter what brand you run. Sound quality however will vary between a no name head unit and a brand.
it will if ones only putting out 16wrms and the other is 22wrms thats a rather large diff at those low watts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
Pioneer is OK, but I'm simply not a fan, maybe it's because I've heard a cheap pioneer sub (gross) and every man and his dog has pioneer
as i said there HU's are there main item u cant not like them because there speakers are crap.... as there HU's are what make pioneer. and that is why everyone has them they are both reliable and easy to use with awsome fetures for your needs as a general listener with a general system its right up your ally. But true there are other brands... and everyone has different taste. second to pioneer in your budget range i would rate alpine (depending on model). but everyone has different taste and different things apeal and at the end of the day the 2 brands arnt that different in quality and name so its a mater of which you prefer the look, feel and fetures of that fit in your buget all we can do is sujest ones in ur requirments...

i personally woundnt consider sony or kenwood as options as you obviously have said you want to step up above these levels by the spec levels and models of the units in your above first post.

on a different note will this be running stock speakers? amped speakers? a sub? an ipod? a car kit? now or in the for seeable future? as if the answer is no to all or most of those then these options above are probalbly over kill for your needs. aaron got an awsome lil deal the other day on a alpine unit and it came with an ipod cable... it was around the 300ish area i think for the 2 items and it is pritty good would meet all your needs. and has some cool features. short of that there is things like:

DEH-P5950IB RRP: $469.00 or Buy it now ebay price: AU $225.00 with 1 yr warranty
Product Information: -

iPod® direct control
USB adapter ready
Segmented OEL display
BMX (Bitmetric Equalizer)
EEQ
3-band parametric equalizer
2-way crossover: HPF/LPF
3-mode selectable loudness
Rotary Volume
3 RCA preouts; 2 preouts + Subwoofer out
Aux-In (Rear)
Flap Face

that might be more in ur ally if as it is even over kill for the basic user and it still has upgrad potential

cheers kyle

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

Last edited by skitz; 22-05-2007 at 12:35 PM.
skitz is offline   Reply With Quote