View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice88 View Post
.....What you want is a dynamic compression around 8.5-9:1 off boost. Anything more requires a tuner who knows his ****.
Agree totally!

Ok. Wasn't meaning to interfere past just some good ol' fashion advise guyz. The tune, was my point all along! If you tune a thing right, you can do amazing things. But why go for NA boosting as a preference when factory stuff is the way to go. More sensible way, if not for any other reason?

Is it a model you really like that offers no options? If this is the case, by all means further investigate. But, need to use discretion. Count the cost required along the way too. So many cars on the bay being sold off by jerks who wacked a turbo on an engine. Farked it & now want it gone! Or heaps of $'s spent only to have the car mediocre power.

Ice, you obviously have done your homework & must have weighed the pros & cons of what you did. Otherwise, you found out the hard way like most others. I've only today learnt something unexciting to do with gear I got recently. Won't fill the thread here with this nonsence but, don't wanna see other members, esp newcomers go down the ragged rape trail ....on a side note, anyone know where I can find infini driveshafts haha

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote