View Single Post
Old 15-12-2003, 08:36 AM   #9
adelaidesp20

Most forum members know me from install of headers on the SP20 which others should be putting on their rides by now. A very good increase in performance $ for kw.(approx $9 per kw gain - 8kw), A K&N airfilter only gains approx ($45.00 per kw - 1.5kw) and a Canon muffler ($60 per kw - 5kw). Even though they are all small mods, when combined it really makes a difference as the engine works nicely with slight bottom end power and great results on mid-high end power with no signs of increased fuel economy. :P

The next thing to look out for is advance timing which will really begin the power rush but at the expense of fuel. :cry:

For others info, I've left the piping from the cat back as factory which has kept a little back pressure available to the engine rather than opening up to a 2.5inch pipe and from previous experience it has made a difference to the bottom end power whereas before there wouldn't be any. Any thoughts here from others ? :shock:

Others may agree or disagree but I was at one stage looking at trading in for the new Mazda SP23 next January, but now that my machine is up around the 112kw mark why bother with changing over from a cool SP20.

P.S. Since the addition of the Canon muffler ive managed to easily blow away a standard SP20, new corolla sportivo with the 141kw engine, and SSS pulsar with some light mods.
17" Chrome AME rims with 215/40R17 87Y Hankook Sport Ventus K104
Chromed Fuel Filler Cap
K&N panel filter with CAI
Carbon fibre rear altezzas tail lights
98,000km and counting as at 1/2/07 (6yr anniversary)
93.2kW ATW Dyno tested.
adelaidesp20 is offline   Reply With Quote