View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #92
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
The car is back!!! After 5 weeks & 5 days of having no car, the car is again hitting the streets . The old boy & I went round to Ian Boettcher Mazda at 4.15, the car was still being worked on... After some stuffing round and a couple test drives & free CAR WASH, the keys were handed to me at around 5.15 . The total cost for the repairs was $2898, which is I guess better then the initial $4000 to fix...

I am still having a couple problems with it tho which i will be getting a look at this afternoon, and they are that when u come to a stop and put the clutch in, the car would rev down to 200rpm, back up to 800rpm, back down to 200rpm and then finally rest at 800rpm. My initial thoughts was that it had something to do with the old fuel ( been sitting for 5 weeks), but i dont know... The other problem is that there is about 30mm play with the accelerator pedal, r really have to push the peday to get anywhere...

Thanks heaps everyone for putting up with all my constant **** over the last 5 weeks, really appreciate it

Coming to a cruise near you!

Marc