View Single Post
Old 13-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #8
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The Coilovers I have are a victim of the Japanese trend to run modified cars mega stiff for a more "race car" feel. And on a smooth track or road I can understand why becuase it really is quite close to the track car feel, although overall grip is compromised.
That's our problem in OZ - the road a rough and ****!!!

Quote:
Unlike 90% of people who buy coilovers I will be changing the springs down the track, at the end of the day Springs are available off-the shelf in the 64mm ID from a number of suppliers. I do feel that buy using the rear 5kg springs in the front and buying a lighter pair for the rear I can get back a lot of the comfort level for minimum cost.
Newies cost between $40-$80.

Quote:
I haven't driven the current combo in the wet back with the old setup there was a tendancy to tail-out under brakes entering roundabouts etc wet or dry. The Lynx having different weight and COG to the BG/KF and BA/KJ "norm" thanks to the body design seems a little more stable thanks to a bit less pendulum effect at the rear.
Being a bit over-dramatic, normal driving won't seen any of those things happen. My BA has to be doing 80kph before the rear is affected by lift-off oversteer. But I do have some wide tyres there also.

Quote:
The blade on Stinky should let me find that compromise, but in all honesty at the moment it feels like the springs are too stiff to really let the 'bar make a difference.
Yes I noticed the same thing, I wasn't impressed by my 20mm sway bar as I installed coilvers 1st and they did 90% on the bars job.

Ryan
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote