View Single Post
Old 23-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #20
TheMAN

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon8 View Post
So I recently painted my wing mirrors due to severe fading a few months ago. I was extremely happy with how they looked repainted, they were actually black like stock, and most of all didn't stick out like a sore thumb when they were on the car. I painted them with specific trim paint (matte finish), and then sprayed two layers of clear over them to give them a nice satin finish in the end - basically looked brand new

However things changed on this cold, frost-filled morning....

They got a severe case of frost bite!
The paint got eaten away for some reason... it remains a mystery (if I sand them back, they keep looking like they do in the pictures). I'm not going to waste my time any more repainting them anymore, I'll just buy new mirrors (the left hand side one is damaged anyway).

On a positive note however, I'm getting the exhaust fixed on the weekend, as well as getting all the supplies for my CAI tomorrow
just buy the painted mirrors... much better
you can get 2nd hand JDM ones that can fold in electrically and it will also have convex water repelling glass on both sides.... you can choose not to have water repelling glass but heaters instead too