View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
HOW TO: PS2 Slimline Install

Ok since no1 else has made a thread about this i mite aswell do 1. Its actually very easy to do provided you have the parts and it took me 2 hours which included me mucking around playing games and watching bro town.

Things you need:
- Gaming console. (i used a playstation 2 slimline as it fits in the glovebox perfectly)
- power inverter
- fm modulator or aux in addaptor. (im using a fm modulator atm but once my aix in converter for pioneer headunits arrives next week that will be replaced for better sound)
- a screen (cheers to platypus)
- wire taps
- electrical tape

Step By Step:
1- remove the centre console (takes 2 min)
2- figure out where you want the console and the power inverter. i chose to put the console in glovebox and the power inverter under pass seat as its a pretty small thing (refer to pic).
3- time to wire everything... use wire taps (refer to pic) to connect the power inverter and screen to any power wires and ground inside the car. i used the power/ground cables for the headunit. connect the wires so that you now have power going to the inverter and screen.
4- connect the cables for the console to the power inverter to check everything works. (oh the power inverter u mite wana keep somewhere u can access so u can switch it off when not in use)
5- connect your yellow rca from console to input in screen. yellow - yellow
6- connect the red/white rca to red/white imput on a fm modulator or a aux in converter then connect to headunit so that u can run everything through sound system.
7- double check everything works and use electrical tape to cover any exposed connections.
8- replace centre console and enjoy..

I ran all wires through centre console so you cant see anythig and the fm modulator is in there aswell..

Pics:

what you need before you start

centre console removed and time for wireing.

screen in.. 6.5" lcd

power inverter under seat

console ps2 slimline fits nicely.. will make proper padded suports.

Gran turismo 3 A-Spec.

Bro Town

The screen is actuall alot better than the pictures and im happy with it. THe console is also wired so that i can easily remove it to use at home with another av cable.

Special Thnaks to:
-Platypus
-Jarad

Team AJ Member PM 4 details

Last edited by AstinaBoiV6; 07-09-2006 at 11:22 AM.
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links