View Single Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #25
EVOlution

Yeah, they come in a range of "set colours" in what I call the "industrial brightness" range. They retail for around $30 each but I buy them for $17 each. They aren't cheap compared to a normal parking light or dash globe but they have a specified life of 10,000 hours and a 90% rating of 50,000 hours (that means they will still have 90% of the original brightness after 50,000 hours), they don't suffer from vibration and they use 1/6th the power of a normal dash light globe.
I have used 6 of them in my dash and they all together use 2mA more than one single dash globe on it's own.
Anyway, I have also used a couple in the front parking lights and I intend to use some of the absolute biggest ones for my stop/tail and turn lamps - the brightest ones retail for about $75 each but will cost me about $55 each, but as I said, these will outlast the car compared to normal globes.
The fixed colours are red, amber, green, blue, white and "incandecent white" or sometimes called "warm white".
Oh yeah, there are some cheaper ones that are not as bright that cost me about $12 each but they are not as bright as the "genuine" ones.
EVOlution is offline   Reply With Quote