View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #17
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by z100 View Post
Agree with you on all points except this.
Was a cracking drive and a great seller for Nissan.
In 2000 it was at the end of it's life cycle and replaced, thinking N16 maybe?
2001 was the year I was shopping and your right but it was a N15 it was closer to 2000 - because shoppping for family member. thought a Pulsar was good idea. I did look at N16s but - come on - Seriously I'd rather be seen in a run down laser.

Not as good in any way as N14 is compared to the the N15 IMO for street use other then stock.
One thing a N15 any of the Aus delivered ones 1.6L or SR they all sucked lowered. Even Just20mm. I rode in one a mate had with just basic peeder springs and forget it.
I bounced out of the seat ME -an back in them days I was packing around 120KG Front row forward weight. IT had new shocks the lot fitted.
A BA astina on Eibachs was tight but never ever ever ever BOUNCED OFF LINE.
I remember my mates N15 he put in much better springs but it still didn't grip. I mean. I was following him on same road. both of us with out Square 2.0L engines - of course he's got a lighter 200KG frame and I have a Diff for grip.
But it was dry. One bounce and he almost bought the tree and fence.
Where he was fathering throttle - I was FLAT. Make it worse car desgined in 85 to a what 95 desgin. He put it back to stock too- can't drive kids around in it.

N15 - I'd rather have a EK Civic or something. I was totally disapointed after all the N14's I had grown up in the back seat of in the mid 90's.
To Me it was like WHAT the hell.

I take into account - talking modified cars and I know stock for stock a N15 SSS V SP20 will still take the mazda but I do know stock for stock I could take the Sp20 through REAL ROADS - more flat with confidence then a N15.

All rear trailing beams on the edge get skittish. So I don't compalain about it as a cheap suspesnion. I complain because it's RIP OFF. If the competition can go better why not ? OR make it work better ? Maybe thats the big issue how poor it works on real roads.

the N15 VZ-R with the 1.6L VVT thing has an awsome engine but that is it to me. Just my Opinion
the SR20 still a much better road engine overall.IMO. Might be bit biased having had one in a S13.
Don't take it personally it's Just my opinion from what I've experienced.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote