View Single Post
Old 23-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
I got stopped a few months ago after being flashed by about 15 cars warning me that there was a cop ahead.
I slowed to 55 in a 60 zone before where he was hiding and was pulled over by the cop and he said do you know how fast you were going and I said, yes I know exactly as I had my GPS and my phone running at the time on record mode. and had looked at the speedo.
I asked what speed he thought I was doing and he replied 76km/hr to which I laughed and said got any proof as I have my GPS, phone and speedo which all said 55.
He said I have my radar gun to which I replied please show me proof that its me you clocked and not someone else as gun has no time or picture on it.
I said that I believed my GPS was more accurate than his radar gun and that my recorded log on my phone would prove in court that he was lying.
I also said that 15 cars had flashed me warning that he was ahead so I had slowed down to well below the limit.
I also asked to see his previous ticket to make sure it wasn't 76 km/hr.
He then told me to drive slower in future and to have a good night and to go home.
Made me wonder how many other people get booked that way as radar guns take no picture, dont have a time stamp or leave a mark on your car.
TBH they have no real proof.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote