View Single Post
Old 23-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
Wow... close call...

Po po are very very cash strapped in SA atm... In the last 3 weeks I've been pulled over as many times and each time for doing absolutely nothing, to also be given a hard time and fined on one occasion...

Bucketing down with rain 3 weeks ago, I had my fog lights on in the Lex when they decide to pull me over and tell me that my bog stock lights are deemed as high beams and issue me a $265 fine...
I was very displeased and ended up doing a massive snakey down the street in front of them in protest (somehow they let me off with that - I guess that was deemed safe and the foggies were unsafe)
Go figure... I hate this police state!

And on another occasion I got pulled over on grand junction road as I allegedly took the turning left slip lane a bit quick... (prob around 50ish which was perfectly safe under the circumstance). This cop then had the nerve to tell me that it was dangerous due to the amount of "p!ssed and sh!t drivers in the area"... I kid you not, that's exactly what he said...
My response to that was naturally "well why is it you're busting my balls then!?!!!"
Honestly, if he patrols the area and knows of drunk and shocking drivers that are constantly around there, why would he pull ME over, look over my car, give me a hard time and accuse me of speeding which I was NOT, and subsequently denied, write me a warning and just be a general nuisance while there is drunk and incompetent drivers going around...

I have a massive massive problem with the majority of the traffic police and the sorts of crap they enforce now...

Also, you know how all those backlogged fines (some 28,000) of them were sent out a couple of weeks ago dating back to over a year ago due to a "computer glitch"
I bet they're manufuctured for the sake of creating cash flow and aren't actual legit notices...
This government is cooked and seriously cash strapped...

Last 2ish months has seen so much police activity, and they are fining people left right and center for either absolute crap or for invented crap.

But that's my little rant over.

"Amateurs practice until they get it right."
"Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote