View Single Post
Old 14-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Look - Hate to sound all businees like but - sorry Its only fact.

We don't have the NUMBERS. Everyone compares us to the US.

but We have Safe gaurd tax's and with out them - you would no be able to afford Customs - Afford good securtiy setups. the list goes on.

All these things add to the Cost of importing Items into Australia.

If our population was half of the USA. With that kind of market share With the setup we have then Majority of companys could easily afford to import at cheaper prices fro more market share.

10-20 years ago if you had a product and you won 10% market share in the USA. one one small $5 item you would be a Millionare - Today due to the economical climate now. you need approx 18% to get to 50% of that.

On the other had in Australia here we have the money but - we are tight arse's. Our market does not like to spend - Never has.
Many factors apply.
One of the Major Factors is Enviroment.
We - can go out side - Play Golf - NRL - Go to beach Surf-. 95% of the year. Anytime of year. Regardless of where you are in the country - Contrary to my claims of Victoria being wet and misserible - truth is it's drier then Sydneys Basin for rainfall annually

In comparrison 60% of the USA's POPULATION has at least 3months of year where they will either spend more time INDOORS - Unable ot travel due to SNOW and other poor weather. ThinK Tornado ally.

I bet they will move more WiiU's in the 1st week then we will in 3months - per head.

So please This whole it's too expensive it's NotFair etc.

Understand the true hidden costs. - Yeah I know the case costs them 0.005 US cents to make but, it cost alot more in a bigger picture and Shareholders do and would like some profit.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote