View Single Post
Old 19-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #29
TheMAN

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
cos i can, have forever. i see no change in fuel usage on or off, still get 7.2L/100km or 32.7 mile to the gallon in dinosaur talk. dunno about US studies, but look at eastern Canada, everyone does the same thing for some reason. habit i guess.
DRLs are required by law in canada, and half the country (eastern canada does not count) has limited sunlight for more than half a year, it's beneficial to them as much as scandinavians do... the ones in very northern latitudes in other words

the US and Australia however have many many hours of sunlight per day, per year, that's why it's useless/wasteful to have DRLs in these countries, that's why the US studies have been inconclusive

when looking at studies from a different country when one isn't available from your own, it's always a good idea to look for one from a country that has a comparable climate, comparable road system and driving style... the US is pretty close (yeah, Australia is hotter, so what?)... European or Canadian studies won't do for that reason, definitely not for Japanese either... other countries? which countries are highly industrialised with their own automotive industries to conduct their own studies? Not any outside of those regions I mentioned