View Single Post
Old 15-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
SP_Steve

Car: 323 SP20
Hi all, sorry I haven't been on here with updates or anything, I did plan to be an active member not just one of those "help me my car broke" people.

On that note, help me my car broke lol.

Seems the poor fuel economy issue has been getting steadily worse over the last few months, it gets on average about 12.5L/100km which to me is simply ridiculous for this size car/motor. Then the real problems started. It keeps doing what feels like misfiring, the idle will drop to almost a stall occasionally, and will shudder if off throttle for a while like when going downhill. It has even failed to hot-start a couple of times and has all the symptoms of being flooded, I have to turn it over with the accelerator all the way to the floor to get it to start.

Now the big issue is that the ECU is not throwing any codes. It did have a P0421 (HO2S out of range) so we replaced the primary O2 sensor and now that's cleared. I've had it to a mechanic since I'm at my wits end but he doesn't believe it is an issue with the fuel system, he thinks there is a dodgy sensor feeding mis-information to the ECU and has basically told me to go somewhere else. I'm really eager to not to just start replacing parts until I get lucky but the MAF sensor and/or the coil packs are seeming more and more like the (expensive) culprits.

Does anyone have any better ideas? Is this a common issue with these things?
SP_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote