View Single Post
Old 31-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #26
globalautomotive

Power Gains..

As with any mod it's really hard to predict what sort of power your application will get. Performance mods work in unicen. All variables of the combustion reaction have to be dealt with to attain a result.

Why i particularly like the RR FPR as a good performance options is because its function via the vacuum/boost line is to match fuel to air flow
at all times. It will give you the maximum power you can get from adding additional fuel to the system. The power that you do get is in fact power that your air based mods were supposed to give you.

The first dyno i did on a vtec integra was a shock actually, i was expecting half the result we got. This thing hadn't been tuned for ages and the AVO dyno read a 14kW @ wheels, and 52Nm of torque improvement (@145kph) at fuel pressure 40psi. The before and after run was done 10min apart. The dyno dude, just looked over at me and said 'what the hell did you do in the last 10min?' I should have done another run at 45psi because as we later discovered this was the optimum fuel pressure (it was good for 17-18kW). The car was decently ready for fuel though... it had a AEM cold air intake and Tanabe exhaust. With none of that it would have pulled maybe 4 or 5kW @ wheels. You see my point though im sure. Make certain you need fuel!

What i notice about our power curves is that maximum power is at a useable region of the rev range. So it tends to creep up relatively early and improve to it's max power difference between 5-6000 RPM.

Regards,
Adam.
globalautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote