View Single Post
Old 13-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #33
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Ok more on the oil pressure. When its cold the oil is over 100 psi at about 2500 RPM+ and about 25-40 psi at idle. As the car warms up you can see the pressure slowly decreasing to about 40-60 psi at about 50-60 km/hr from about 70-100 when cold.
The oil pressure when hot and at idle can drop to about 15? PSI( its hard to be exact the gauge is that small) It takes about 15 -30 seconds for the oil pressure to drop when you stop at the lights. It climbs back up if you hold the revs at 1500 rpm after about 5 sec.
This says to me that the motor is shagged, I have known this for years,
but as every mechanic thats looked at has said something similar. Just keep driving it till its broken.
No one knows where its broken and the cost of finding that faulty bearing or seal just doesn't justify the time and money. Thats why I was thinking of a new engine. I have a mechanic mate that wants to do the engine swap for me. He just wanted an idea of what parts etc I need to do the swap.
But everyone here is so against me doing it that it looks like I will just chuck another FP-DE in my car and keep driving it as it is.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote