View Single Post
Old 14-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
LordWorm

Car: .
Ok... update time...for those who are hanging out for this part:

We've contacted a few places to get a prototype built in mild steel... The final production models will be built out of aluminium on a CNC bender and will be absolutely awesome, but the prototype would be too expensive to do this way.

We're hoping to have the prototype made for us this week, but the place that is doing it needs to build a tool for the die size we've chosen so it might get a bit delayed. However, once this is built, the ball will roll quickly because the mob who's doing our production models has the machines tooled up and ready to go.

At this stage we are no closer to working out a final price than we were before...But we'll get this just as soon as the prototype is built....however I can tell you what you get for your money

1x single-bend upper pipe
1x multi-bend single pipe (no welds) lower pipe
2x high quality silicon collars for attaching the MAF (only got blue at this stage!)
1x high quality silicon reducer (as above, only blue)
1x K&N Pod Filter to fit
6x worm drive clamps to stick it all together
and an assortment of brackets, bolts and grommets to bolt it to the car.

All silicon bits are 4 ply - and is rated to withstand fairly high boost (somewhere in the order of 40psi) on turbo setups - so its the good stuff and will last a very long time under this kind of NA application.

I'm also going to ring around for some powdercoating options, which will be at an extra charge...otherwise you get the thing bare naked and can do whatever you want with it.

Anyhow, thats how it stands at the moment. Sorry I don't have more info.

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com

Last edited by LordWorm; 14-06-2006 at 09:47 AM.
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote