Old 09-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Locked my dam keys in the car last night

Locked my dam keys in the car last night,
Called my Girl friend ask her to bring my jeys say will be in 10
Calls back she broke my key last week,
Called NRMA $225 to come out including one year membership.
Shall we say less then keen to pay that.

So call around a few mates,

General consences is that as my locks go across not up and down no good need to call NRMA,
Then one said yeah I will have a go be there in five,

Comes with his brother who drove,
Gets out while brother waiting for car next to me to get pull out,
Comes over has a look,
Says hold this,

And unlocks it while his brother is still waiting for the guy next to me to get out of his park (which he wasn’t particaularly slow at),

So yeah within 30 secs of them arrving I had my keys back and had examined the damage that I would of thought was already there it was so absoultly tiny, (I will not say what is it as it will basically tell you how to break in to my car with the greatest of ease)

So yeah good to have my keys back,
bad to see someone break in so quickly.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Its pretty bad I can get into mine in about 2mins and I am no expert(seriously)
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
one of the greatest things about remote central locking is that u really can't lock ur keys in the car - i would love to hear of someone who has thou, and i will smack them (dumbass). and as my car beeps LOUDLY at me when my keys are still in the ignition, u kinda can't forget that they're there. the only problem i have is that sometimes i wonder "****! did i lock the car? did i press the lock button on my remote?" dad has a crappy remote and it takes until xmas for the car to lock after u've pressed the button. so sometimes u'd press it twice thinking that the first time it didn't lock. but as u walked away the 2nd press of the button would open it. on many occassions i've come back to an unlocked car. reason car was never stolen: it's a kio rio. got no value really hehehe

glad to hear u got ur keys out!! i'm sure some ppl would be interested in getting ur friend's number, so they can call him and for a small fee retrieve the keys when they lock them in their cars!!! hehhe
Old 09-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
bugger! ... yeah after watching the racq ddue do it i couldnt believe how easy it was

my mate has a datsun 1200 ute ... physically impossible to lock the keys in it as you have to use the key to lock hte car ... i.e you cant push the button down from the inside ... why cant all manufactures do that?

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
nate there is a way you can lock the keys in the dato.. hold the handle open while pressing the lock button

skippy the lock goes sideways - until it changes direction near the lock

my old honda civic was not able to be broken into ... well not easily... the door had to be pryed open with a door jam, and then a long rod (i'm talking over a metre) had to be inserted into the small gap... from there it was pushed until you could reach the lock with the rod..... and that was 1985

yeah i 've never locked my keys in the car with central locking... no never ... (that time didn't count ok?)
Old 09-03-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
I thought the current batch of Mazdas including the last of the 323s were supposed to be on the difficult side to get into without breaking something?

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #7
platypus
living in the past man

gav - let me tell you now...

they are a piece of piss to break into
and not too hard to steal, unless its an auto
Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #8
chipa
Crazy Member

Car: FPV F6 Typhoon
Not that difficult. Just a largish flathead screwdriver and and bit of wire (read coathanger) with a sharp tip. You force the door frame out a little so you can get the wire in easier and then you use the wire to hook onto the lock. Pull up and hey presto.

Thats why I keep meaning to lower the door locks in my car.

EDIT: it happens to be how thieves stole my subs and amp from my old Telstar.

Updated 2007-03-19: Readers Rides Finally upgraded from the stock headunit
chipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:49 PM   #9
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
this is why i used to love my first car. could open the door and turn the ignition with anything flat and thin like a 5c piece or screwdriver.

however, the car would never start unless you knew what you were doing (a very well hidden switch and it was on lpg. lpg needs to be primed before it would start)
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
platypus
living in the past man

australians love a holden

chipa... what you talking about willis ? lowering the locks only changes the top bit
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #11
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
my mate has a datsun 1200 ute ... physically impossible to lock the keys in it as you have to use the key to lock hte car ... i.e you cant push the button down from the inside ... why cant all manufactures do that?
My ol' Vanette did the same. I still managed to lock the keys in
Truth is that locks only stop honest people
Old 09-03-2005, 10:23 PM   #12
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
His method was different to all above and really quite simple,

I shall not post up a how to steal my car but seeing it is over over insured I am thinking about it,

Anyway yeah nothing broken,

Chiaboo, if your thoughts included BA's forget it,

Best car ever was mates van that you could pull down the window jump in and start with a teaspoon,

after about 2 months driving it too school he stopped as it would never be where he left it,

another mate has a Val that had a key broken off in the ignition, so he basically hot wired it, but he then cut the wires to short so one else could do it unless they had a piece of wire just like the one he has on his key chain,

In case you wondreing how I did this, was jumping out of car with keys in hand and realised i needed some paper work so I got back in put keys down and found paper work and out and off and ****tttttttttttttt.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #13
chipa
Crazy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahb11m
australians love a holden

chipa... what you talking about willis ? lowering the locks only changes the top bit
Exactly. The top bit is another method to break in if it's hard to do it inside the door. I have had to break into my sisters 626 several times with the method I posted. The last time was the best at 25 seconds.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:00 PM   #14
woofy

Car: Race Blue RS Octavia hatch, Black Santa Fe Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Frog
one of the greatest things about remote central locking is that u really can't lock ur keys in the car - i would love to hear of someone who has thou, and i will smack them (dumbass). and as my car beeps LOUDLY at me when my keys are still in the ignition, u kinda can't forget that they're there. the only problem i have is that sometimes i wonder "****! did i lock the car? did i press the lock button on my remote?" dad has a crappy remote and it takes until xmas for the car to lock after u've pressed the button. so sometimes u'd press it twice thinking that the first time it didn't lock. but as u walked away the 2nd press of the button would open it.
I know a lady who both managed to lock her keys in the car that had remote locking and left her headlights on, so it was flat and locked out 3hrs later. How she didn't hear both the warning buzzers for both amazes me.

and since I've had remote locking i can never remember if i locked the car, it was worse on my EFII falcon, cause the same button locked and unlocked it and I could never remember which sequence of flashing lights meant locked/unlocked I still do it with our current car but cause the 323's have separate lock/unlock buttons i can just press it again and know its locked having said that, the I think i forgot to lock the car thought always come when I am in a movie or somewhere really hard to leave and check and I spend however long imagining the joy ride those teenagers are having in it
woofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #15
chipa
Crazy Member

Now that I'm thinking about it, it should be quite easy to wire up a timer to lock your car (if you have central locking) at anytime (say an hour) after you switch the ignition off. I would be happy to do this as no matter what I never leave my keys in the car.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 AM   #16
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofy
the I think i forgot to lock the car thought always come when I am in a movie or somewhere really hard to leave and check and I spend however long imagining the joy ride those teenagers are having in it
OMG!! that's so right! i'm always thinking if i've locked the car when i'm in the movies hehehe but neva worry about the teenagers. my issue is with the old codger that's looking for a car for his old codger wife ;P
Old 10-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #17
AS7INA

Send a message via MSN to AS7INA
Oh my god, i dont know how many times ive locked my keys in the car. Although i haven't done it in a few years, so this better not Jinx me!
AS7INA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #18
woofy

Just after posting that last night, I thought of a useful idea, remotes could have a small LED that lights up if you pressed the lock button last. It wouldn't even have to be on all teh time only if you pressed a button on it to check. Then you could just check your remote and know straight away. We are probably not far off locking the car using your mobile phone in the future anyway.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #19
Mazda_Brian

Car: Soarer Twin Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Mazda_Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Mazda_Brian
I broke into a Mitsibishi Cordia, Hyundai Getz, Honday Integra, and Hyundai Accent, all within 5 seconds, with the use ofonly a flat headed screw driver...

Method: Use screwdrivewr to pry the window out of the frame (or away from the rubber on frameless doors.

Pry the Window enough to get at lst 3 fingers into the window, then lean back nice and hard, the window should flex more than enough to get your arm down.

Now, use your other arm to rach in, and flick the lock. The integra was slightly difficult, because if you pull the lock from the inside, you must also lift the handle from the inside of the car, or it locks again (to fight thsi method), but pull lock, then pull the door handle, not a hard one.

With practice, this should take no longer than 10 seconds, and I ahve gotten it down to 3 seconds.

Wont stop alarms going off, but if you lock your keys on, the alarm wont be armed, and you will get the alarm pad back anyway to dis-arm.

B.

EDIT: the cars mentioned above had no visual signs of damage from the method above.

Last edited by Mazda_Brian; 10-03-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Mazda_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #20
woofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda_Brian
I broke into a Mitsibishi Cordia, Hyundai Getz, Honday Integra, and Hyundai Accent, all within 5 seconds, with the use ofonly a flat headed screw driver...

Method: Use screwdrivewr to pry the window out of the frame (or away from the rubber on frameless doors.

Pry the Window enough to get at lst 3 fingers into the window, then lean back nice and hard, the window should flex more than enough to get your arm down.

Now, use your other arm to rach in, and flick the lock. The integra was slightly difficult, because if you pull the lock from the inside, you must also lift the handle from the inside of the car, or it locks again (to fight thsi method), but pull lock, then pull the door handle, not a hard one.

With practice, this should take no longer than 10 seconds, and I ahve gotten it down to 3 seconds.

Wont stop alarms going off, but if you lock your keys on, the alarm wont be armed, and you will get the alarm pad back anyway to dis-arm.

B.

EDIT: the cars mentioned above had no visual signs of damage from the method above.
and the question is...why have you been practicing to get it to 3 sec?