Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Ripper323
Carless Bum

Car: whatever I can borrow
Ripper's buying a new car (and other plans)

Guys, it's time for me to join the bogan brigade.
My wife was due to give birth on tuesday with our 2nd child, but as yet, she hasn't gone yet. With a 2nd kid brings the problem of the Astina not being big enough.
So I'm looking at buying a family car probably a VT-VX poverty pack commodore (as I don't like the AU falcons). My wife isn't a very confident driver, so the car will have to be an auto, and I've been given strict instructions that it will stay in the same condition as when I bought it, ie, no mods.
This now leads to the good part: My wife told me that I'm allowed to have a project car, to keep my sticky fingers off the family car! So I thought instead of selling the Astina, and starting again on a project car, I've sweet talked the missus into letting me keep the Astina (cause it is half done already) and using that as my project car. This means I can put it up on blocks, pull it apart, and if I so desire pull the engine out, and not have to worry about it for a family car.
I'm leaving my job next year and hopefully getting into the oil rig industry after that, so I will be earning a considerably higher wage, so I can spend some more money on the Astina. If I have enough spare cash I would like to turbo the Astina, but it would be a full rebuild job, all done properly the first time, but that is just a pipe dream at the moment.

Ripper