Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-12-2005, 01:30 AM   #1
Ian

Car: 1990 R32 GTR
Ians big conversion thread

I figured id make a big thread rather then have lots of little ones all over the shop.

Anyways the latest is I should be buying the frontcut soon. (next week) After that, im waiting on my custom clutch to be finished and from there its just a question of time and labour. Boosted Batman has kindly offered me the use of his block and tackle (much love there man) so hopefuly I should have the car on the road in time for the big cruise in jan.

I'll copy paste the what ill need list so we can let that thread die:

Front cut - sourced and checking it out soon. Buy it within a week if it all go's to plan.

Clutch - Being made up at the moment, custom HD, capable of taking up to 350 HP

Flywheel: Does anyone know a good place to get it machined?

Exhaust - Not yet booked because I dont know what date ill be needing.

Consumables:
Leads: Custom 10.5 mm Leads from QIL
Plugs: Covered.
Belts: not so sure. Need to find out exact lengths etc
Hoses: Not so sure either.
What elese have I missed?

fuel pump: Using the one I got at the moment, however I am considering replacing with a skyrice or commonwhore one as I have heard there good.

Cooler: Using the one in the cut. Im not planing to up the boost ever, as stock is plenty enough for me, and I dont want it breaking.

ECU: Stock

Rubber: Brigestone F1's hopefully. We will see what money is doing after the conversion.

Breaks: Recently redone with new master / slave cylinder, DBA rotors on the front and rotors on the back machined. Lucas pads on all 4 corners that are all fairly new.

Also, as a final note, I would like to give a big thanks to everyone on the forum and in the club. You guys have been a great hand throughout all this and have allowed me to realise which end of the car is the engine and which end the exhaust comes out

Ill use this thread as a log and post questions and problems as I run into them. Hopefully once im finished this thread should contain alot of useful info for anyone elese doing the conversion after me.

Mah Ride!
details

Last edited by Ian; 17-12-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links