Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 31-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
Jiven

Car: Nothing
Exclamation New here - Few questions

Hi guys. I'm new here. I'm looking at buying a '99 Astina 1.8 (We're a bit delayed in South Africa . I now know its also called a 323f BA series hardtop (Thanks all here for all the past questions and replys! That helped me figure this out)

I've been searching for a good condition one for the last 2 months, and think I may have found it. It's got 120 000 km on the clock (Not sure if its genuine, but the service log book is fairly well filled in), and invoices for the services. The cambelt was replaced (I know thats an apparent issue). I've seen many for sale with 300 000+ km, but most in bad physical condition, so I assume these are mechanically reliable? So, heres a few questions before I put my ridiculous interest rate loan into the car:

1. Are their any specific mechanical/physical things I should look for?

2. Do the doors seem to get a bit loose/rattle in time? I've noticed this with most I've bothered to open and look into, if I have not been put off by the exterior! Can this be sorted out easily?

3. The back end also tends to rattle a bit. What causes this?

4. This car is in yellow . But the body is really good. Is it a tedious process to strip it to respray it? How are engine bays done? I would hate the inside looking yellow!

Thanks in advance all! Need your advice soon as I don't want to loose this one! Now I'm, off to do more reading about them here. If I get the car, I will be here more often.
Jiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links