Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 23-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Gp.

Car: Red Mazda 323 Astina 1991
Head Unit Wiring - 1991 Astina BG

Hi all,

If anyone followed my previous topic regarding the cutting out, it's because the sub is rated at 2ohm and the amp puts out 4ohm max. Basically, it can't handle it.

I've purchased a separate sub amp and I also required to purchase a new headunit with 3RCA out. I need to wire the new head unit in but I need a little help.

I can't find any colour diagrams that match what I'm seeing. See the picture.

Any ideas where I should begin? My old head unit was only installed about 3 months ago, so it's fairly new. Should I just mimic it with the new head unit?

Gp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
HAIGHIE

Car: 99, BJ 323 astina hatch
use a multimeter to find your constant power and your ignition, and then why your at it fing your ACC aswell, and your earth just bolt up to a solid metal object thats attached to the car body then your speackers get a AA battery and match wires untill you get a sound out of one then check which way the speaker is moving (should be up )
and repeat, if you haven't already cut the harness off from the old head unit then the yelow will be constant power (12v) ACC will be red and your illimination is usually a power orange ( salmon)

HAIGHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Wiffo

Car: 2001 Mazda 323 sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIGHIE View Post
use a multimeter to find your constant power and your ignition, and then why your at it fing your ACC aswell, and your earth just bolt up to a solid metal object thats attached to the car body then your speackers get a AA battery and match wires untill you get a sound out of one then check which way the speaker is moving (should be up )
and repeat, if you haven't already cut the harness off from the old head unit then the yelow will be constant power (12v) ACC will be red and your illimination is usually a power orange ( salmon)
HAIGHIE is right but with the AA battery you will find if you do it right you will hear a popping sound through your speckers but by doing this way you will still need to find the + and - of the two so take your door rims off wile POPPing the speacker with the battery look what way your speaker is popping in or out ( all speackers pop out btw)
Wiffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Gp.

Car: Red Mazda 323 Astina 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffo View Post
HAIGHIE is right but with the AA battery you will find if you do it right you will hear a popping sound through your speckers but by doing this way you will still need to find the + and - of the two so take your door rims off wile POPPing the speacker with the battery look what way your speaker is popping in or out ( all speackers pop out btw)
Okay, do I want them to be popping out or in? I assume outwards. (Which would mean the Autobarn installer has actually done the current wiring in incorrect polarity as they are firing inwards.

Every other wire is sorted.

Last edited by Gp.; 24-11-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Gp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
mattylagana

Car: Ba 323 Astina hatch V6
Should b out not in
>97' V6 MAZDA 323 S3|Sunroof|18"x8" RX8 rims|Custom Cold air intake|klze headers, 100cpi cat, resi delete, Apexi back box|Top Gun Leads/NGK Platinum Iridium plugs|Soundstream Sound|Lowered on yellow speeds|Whiteline heavy duty swaybar|cusco front strutty|momo steering|short shifter|Lantis door sills|
This is my girl sxc isn't she? http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18139
mattylagana is offline   Reply With Quote