Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Queensland

View Poll Results: Are you up for this and is it a good idea??
Yes sounds like a goer 2 33.33%
Nar rather just stick to agt only 0 0%
maybe, see how it unfolds 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #21
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
im talking stock... because your explanation can make a hyundai a performance/sports car.

Team AJ Member PM 4 details
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:39 PM   #22
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstinaBoiV6
im talking stock... because your explanation can make a hyundai a performance/sports car.
That is exactly right, do you think Holden and Ford build a V8 Supercar??? No, they go and buy a dunga and mod it up to the eyebrows, and from that is born a RACE car, not just a sports car. Same goes for any GT production car too. So yes, you can take a Lada and make it a Sports/Race car. Stock means nothing...
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #23
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
then include a nissan S13 CA18DE, S14 SR20DE, R32 SR20, R33 RB20DE in the non-sports standard car listing also. the S13 had 94kW at the fly, shocking handling, bad toe problems etc - but see one today, the theres a list of parts to get in going/drifting good.

man, a sports car is what you make it. sometimes you buy it factory and it goes good. sometimes you build it to go good... izusu gemini's are a classic example.

astina's ($8,000) will out handle wrx's ($22,000) if you spend $2000 on the suspension.

ryan

on topic - joint cruise sounds good to me but since there is 2 mazda/honda cruises within the next 4 weekends, i'd suggest organising PGA to come along to these.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #24
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
i would call a stock clubsport a sports car... and a xr6 turbo a sports car.... a 34 GTR a sportscar and a rx8 a sportscar .... what i was saying gav was that im comparing production line cars that come out from factory as they are being labled as sports cars. I know you can make anything into a sportscar but thats besides the point i was trying to create.

Any joe blow can put a turbo on a VL and say its a sports car but the only way you can really compare it is from the parts the manufacturer actually put on the car. Those Supercars are all aftermarket pretty much so how can you compare them to say a drag tunned car that is also all aftermarket.

The manufacturer stock comparison is the only real way to compare what a car should be classified as. Dont make me bring out the 121 turbo.heheh soo sports there.. I hope you understand where im going with this...

ON TOPIC: Hey ryan im not getting 2 much interest on the Poohsar forums about a joint cruise.. tehy are not very enthusiastin on cruises from what i can see... i think like one of the qld mods wants to come and maybe 1 or 2 more.

Cant tag on the "DA" cruise thers alredy honda and mazda and nizda aint a goeer hehe.. As for the chrissy cruise il come along to that if its ok with you since ur the organizer type man...

Team AJ Member PM 4 details

Last edited by AstinaBoiV6; 06-11-2006 at 12:53 PM.
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #25
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstinaBoiV6
Poohsar
don't you mean pullstarts? damn lawn-mower sized CA16 haha.

i'd say come to the DA cruise, cos there's gonna be heaps of honda there also.

ryan
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote