Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Queensland

Old 07-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #21
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hehe, awesome suggestions guys. I will look into a tourism website that has information on Dorrigo and Coffs to get an idea of the costs involved with some of the more fancy activities. It's common for some ppl to be a little short on money around that time of year, and I don't want anyone to be disadvantaged or feel like they are missing out due to lack of funds. If I see a potential issue I will ask that everyone advise me via PM if you have any concerns.

Cheers, Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
chicaboo

Updated list of things to consider doing:

1. Big Banana, Coffs Harbour.
2. Juan's Café, Dorrigo.
3. Waterfalls, maybe miss the boring ones from last time.
4. Plantation Hotel, Coffs Harbour.
5. Pet Porpoise Pool, Coffs Harbour.
6. Hogs Breath, Coffs Harbour.
7. Dorrigo National Park, Dorrigo (or is it Bellingen NP?).
8. Waterfall Way, Dorrigo-Thora (up and down many times).
9. Dorrigo-Coffs Harbour Rd, Dorrigo-Coffs Harbour (up and down many times).
10. Go Carts, Coffs Harbour.
11. Deep Sea Fisherman's Club, Coffs Harbour (gud fud).

Gav.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #23
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Gav,

I have found the official Dorrigo website that might help us anyways

http://www.dorrigo.com/index.html

Cheers
Marc
Old 09-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #24
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
http://www.dorrigo.com/attractions/drives/index.html

a few drives to check out...

---

also there is a huge german pancake place called the "clog barn" in coffs to try?

---

and nearly all the things listed are at coffs, should we not seek accomodation there instead maybe?
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #25
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
[url]and nearly all the things listed are at coffs, should we not seek accomodation there instead maybe?
Yeah, I have been thinking about that, considering Dorrigo is really only good for night time retirement and going up and down Waterfal Way until your silly in the head...

There is a caravan park at Urunga Heads, I don't have the link handy right now, but it will post it later with price comparisons to Dorrigo Mountain Resort. Urunga allow 2 night accommodation as well (need to check what they do for Easter, just in case).

The upside of staying at Urunga is that I won't be accused of carbon coopying the previous cruise just because of our sleeping arrangements... It might also reduce some of the issues that have come up since I've announced this event too?

Uranga Heads is about 15mins from Coffs, where as Dorrigo is 45mins. But we would miss out on the awesome drive at least twice a day. Happy for ppl to give me feedback on this.

Gav.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #26
project.r.racing

it was just an idea. i have no problem driving up and down waterfall way many times.

nothing wrong with carbon copying if its a good weekend. tried and proven = good. why are people being so immature about this? do they owned the dorrigo holiday weekend idea or something?

a girl from work is staying at the urunga caravan park thru easter. it will be very packed at that time.

another idea was nambucca heads, got a huge rock wall with spray painting/graffiti on it. so girl at work says.

ryan
Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #27
chicaboo

Yeah, Urunga looks very toursity and like it would get very busy. Nambucca Heads might be more of the same. The Good thing about DMR is that it's quiet and secluded, and we noone gets in our way, nor us their's. And yes, it's a proven formula for a good place to stay.

Gav.

EDIT: Sam and I have already planned a great drive down with some sights to take in on the way. Don't worry, it should only add an hour to the trip down, but be well worth it if we all head down together for the experience.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
marcs_sp20

So I am guessing it'll be a 4-5am start like the 07 cruise? and going from what I remember, we got down there around 1pm-ish, so another hour shouldnt hurt anyone... I dont see the fuss about accomodation, we're basically only there for rest etc, and well Im up for waterfall way any day

I'll be bringing more food along this time, considering how dear everything was at that service station. Oh and more warm clothing

Cheers
Marc
Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #29
project.r.racing

1. Chicaboo
2. Marc & Tash
3. Ice88 (Kris)
4. Ryan + 1.5
Old 09-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #30
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
So I am guessing it'll be a 4-5am start like the 07 cruise? and going from what I remember, we got down there around 1pm-ish, so another hour shouldnt hurt anyone... I dont see the fuss about accomodation, we're basically only there for rest etc, and well Im up for waterfall way any day

I'll be bringing more food along this time, considering how dear everything was at that service station. Oh and more warm clothing

Cheers
Marc
Hi Marc,

I would prefer to travel down as a group (whatever that might be? ), and I would be keen to head down on the Friday, but I am supposed to be attending another cruise on the Friday, and I don't know how ppl's schedules are for the Friday yet. From what I have gathered so far, you would prefer to head down Saturday morning, and Ryan would be heading down on Friday morning with his family via the Pacific HWY (he won't be able to take the long way down with us because of his +0.5).

So far I have a plan for getting down there what would work on either the Friday or Saturday mornings. ie: Depart from Goodna BP at 5am), get breakfast at Warwick McDonalds, maybe have lunch somewhere in Armidale or at Juan's Café in Dorrigo, and then arrive at the resort around 2pm after a couple of nice sight-seeing stops. If enough ppl can make it on the Friday, I will drop the other cruise so we can leave early on the Friday morning. At least that way we will get a Friday night in to do something and/or rest, and make the most of the Saturday.

For the drive home on Monday, I think we should have a light breakfast of some sort and then grab lunch at the Plantation Hotel on the way home. This way we should get plenty of time to sit around and talk smack about how the weekend went, etc...

Now I just need to narrow down the choices for the Saturday and Sunday. We've got places to eat pretty much covered. So I will look at some of the ideas Ryan and Marc have put forward and look at the costs involved. I might make some alternative arrangements for those who will be price conscious over the weekend.

Cheers, Gav.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #31
marcs_sp20

Im up for a friday morning departure, that way we can all wind down for the day with a couple coldies & bbq Thats if its not too cold

IF we were to leave on teh friday, that gives us all saturday to shop/do activities seeing both friday & sunday will be closed for trading (well most of Coffs will be).

Cheers
Marc
Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #32
chicaboo

Yeah, Saturday is really the money shot of the weekend as for what we can really do. So it seems a shame to not even arrive until after midday on the Saturday. I'd like to hear from every attending about the early Friday morning departure. If it's too early, bah! Remember, you can rest when you get there!

Gav.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #33
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Im unsure of uni time table however IIRC from last year i had exams up and till that week so i *may* have an exam on friday if im really unlucky.

Can someone also please tell me about how much money i should be factoring in? (excluding accomodation as i know that) Thanks guys
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #34
marcs_sp20

for the 2 of us in 07, i think we ended up spending $400incl fuel & accommodation it is a very cheap holiday imo
Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #35
chicaboo

I think I spent $200 on myself last time (on everything).

Gav.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #36
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Cheers guys,

Ill stash about 300 away then, just in case. BTW ill also be bringing a Engel so we shall have access to a fridge on day trips. At this stage anyways
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #37
marcs_sp20

Sounds good, I will be bringing my 40L esky along aswell, and if the weather is anything like it was in 07, I can throw a bag in on friday morning and still have ice in the esky on monday arvo
Old 13-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #38
project.r.racing

I need to finalize my work commitments, so I need to know if this is going actually ahead?

I read alot of "I'm goin do this, I'm gonna do that." But has anyone booked the place etc.

Need to know before I book in myself and find no one else has. Or apply for time off etc.
Old 13-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #39
marcs_sp20

Ryan,

I have applied for work off, so yes, Tash & myself are coming. I think Gav just wanted to confirm a definite number by this weekend, so I'd be asking him... According to the list, its Gav, Ice88, You +1.5 & Myself & Tash, that is unless some peeps are staying annonymous...

Marc
Old 14-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #40
chicaboo

Heyas.

Hi Ryan, it's going ahead. Unfortunately the thread is quiet despite my requests for ppl to confirm attendance or put forward suggestions for activities.

So far it's just the ppl mentioned in the thread. I haven't had any confirmation or serious commitments from the anonymous attendees as of yet. So until I do, I'll just consider that it's the 6.5 of us, plus a couple who won't be staying with us at DMR. If the other anon's come along, I think it would be another 4 ppl, but I'm not getting excited about the prospects of that happening. I'm not particularly worried about how many go anyhow.

It's been a very busy week at work for me this week, I've had hardly any time to fark around on the internet even! So naturally I haven't had time to ring up about cabin availability again, and Genie hasn't called me back about that either. *suspicious!*

If anyone has anything particular you would like to know about this event, ask away or shoot me a PM. Since yesterday was the desired date for me to know who was staying at DMR, I will be ringing up at a more suitable time today to ensure the right number of cabins are available. I will advise if deposits will need to be made, and give the details so that you can do so.

Cheers, Gav.