Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 17-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #21
Pattax

Car: asdasd
I can teach you how to have your car make any noise.

Ask people from the last cruise. Like the R34 that paul walker drives in F&F4? That could be you,bro.
Old 17-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #22
staplz21

Car: 1991 323 astina
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dc- View Post
no we are saying that you should grow up and learn that its not worth the money if you only want it for the sound. also you should learn some grammar while you ar it
and once again i never said i wanted it "just" for the sound, i like the sound but whats the point of having a turbo just for the sound seriously. oh and im sorry for my bad english i didnt relise this is a forum about spelling right i thought it was about astinas
staplz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #23
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
IMO the BOV noise is about having a turbo. My ol' 13BT was all about the power and the BOV was there for the purpose Mazda intended, the Pftttt - Brrrrr was a bonus. Fake BOV noise is like putting a WRX scoop on a Holden Cruise or HSV Commo guard vents on a BJ.
Old 17-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
SineWave

Car: White '93 BG Auto Hatch
Do they make silent blow off valves?
- Adam
SineWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
Ghoru

Car: '92 BG Astina Sp
the ones that make the most noise are atmospheric BOV and are illegal from what i was told.

so i think the legal ones are quieter but i dont know about "silent"

http://www.eveonline.com/
Ghoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #26
S373N

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina GTX Conversion (Currently M.I.A)
Send a message via ICQ to S373N Send a message via AIM to S373N Send a message via MSN to S373N Send a message via Yahoo to S373N
one link to rule them all..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbo-Whistle...d=p3286.c0.m14

if u havent already bought in to the party whistle trend
S373N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #27
Ghoru

i see your ebay link and i raise you a youtube one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDWQbnb-Zo

they put one of those fake bow off things ion the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Rbv...eature=channel

Last edited by Ghoru; 18-09-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 18-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #28
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
hmm lets see back on topic. as I won't touch the BOV turbo Na thing

oh yes I will first

N/A sound - is crisp - S/C sound is horny - turbo spool is exciting and BOV is a warning.

end of the day, the best sound is what ever gets you too BLOW.

For me as above, as I've got all but the S/C and I had S/C. So it's all good.

On topic.

best advice- DO NOTHING.
Save the money and go buy a SP20 or either why?

when I was 14 or 15 we had SOHC 16 valve BG. blown engine, opend it up, head work - valves - Cam - blanced bottome end. chiptorque was best you could do and did the ecu at I think C&V or it might of been croydon. don't remember the numbers but I think it was in the 60-70kw front wheel area. that was pre-shoot out but also remeber onyl a mild cam. very mild I think
the number rings a bell. extractors the lot.
I know he put in SP seats they guy finished his apprenticeship with toyota. And then bought latter on the PRE SP20's of the sedan one of them blue 2L BJ's.

well, That went harder all round.

if it was wasn't for the fact he built the Astina out of a $200 car. would never of done it. Id' say in todays terms about $5K work. thinkg about it if you sent out the head cam what 2.5K - bottome end ? 1K or more havne't looked into maching prices recently
plus al lthe labour and extra work. I know building a 11second RB30 combo is about $8K with out labour that's turbo & manifold - bottom end either top SOHC or DOHC. ECU etc it all piles up.

last quote I read was for 302 - stroked 334 heading ot the 10K mark to handle S/C plus he needs box $2K

So only thing afford able to do is cat back and that's it.

better off getting another car when you have enough money or waiting till off p's and getting something to fill the role you want, Turbo or what ever.

otherwise you will have bigger smile on your face spending the money at a strip club. but you will end up at the same place. Where did all my money go. I have nothing to show for it.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #29
Ghoru

so pretty much what rodhog is saying dont have a mind of your own, be a sheep and go buy a wrx or a skyline or something.
if you want to spend the money on the astina do it.
i know i want to spend money on mine because i can. other then these guys here no one owns a nice astina where i ive so i will have something unique, i dont need to be able to wrap myself around a tree with 300+hp.
the point is its your money, your car you ultimately choose.

Old 19-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #30
S373N

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina GTX Conversion (Currently M.I.A)
Send a message via ICQ to S373N Send a message via AIM to S373N Send a message via MSN to S373N Send a message via Yahoo to S373N
by the way i actually have a turbowhistler on my ke. only decent sound is if you flog in 2nd.
sounds like a small jetplane when i do 100km
S373N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
staplz21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoru View Post
so pretty much what rodhog is saying dont have a mind of your own, be a sheep and go buy a wrx or a skyline or something.
if you want to spend the money on the astina do it.
i know i want to spend money on mine because i can. other then these guys here no one owns a nice astina where i ive so i will have something unique, i dont need to be able to wrap myself around a tree with 300+hp.
the point is its your money, your car you ultimately choose.
yeh well thats the thing i dnt want a skyline or wrx i wanna do up my astina its my pride and joy i love it and y go out and spend heaps on a car everyman and his dog have not many ppl around here wuld have a done up 323, i just hope it culd end up like WTF323 lol
Old 19-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #32
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
you want N/A HP? look at ryans list on the previous page.

start with:
- Extractors -> 2" exhaust. Mandrel bent, use a commy cat as they'll easily flow enough for the 1.8
- CAI, 3A Racing make good pod filters (have they changed name now?), use intercooler piping and replace the airbox etc

Save for:
- ECU, microtech are the cheapest, plently of tuners out there for them too
- Swap intake cam for another exhaust cam with dizzy gear ground off.
- Port and polish the head

If your wallet is nice and fat take a look at high comp pistons and stronger rods as well as the engine rebuild

After that you'll have a much quicker BG.. and a lighter pocket. Oh this only applies for DOHC 1.8. First step for SOHC engine is throwing it out and getting a DOHC & running gear.. but then you may as well save for a BPT because you'll be doing the swap anyway
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
that's not what I totaly mean.

it is in one respect, but it's like you have a choice - of being chef in a top class hotel or for same pay working in run down dirrty back of the shop place in a one horse town. You end up doing just about the same job and making some money but one will proove less of headache.

To be original - you have to spend and you have to commit it's like marriage.

but in effect 1 it's a old mazda it's not even SP. So it's like well for the cost of it start with DOHC version.
but one has to remember IT will always be just a 323. You can't turn a 323 into a 626 for example. OR a 929 no matter much leather you put into it.

I've done it, be original. I could of bought a new 6 wagon or the Legnum I was thinking of. but I said I like my 626's so I did my 626 the way I wanted too cost me same amount if not more. but I'm happy

So yeah go put 20K into a car, not a problem. just remember, you can peel apple with knife - peeler or your body (fingers teeth).

If you take the hard road, be prepeared for road blocks and falling rocks.

after all, I don't have say much more then, how many unfinished projects are started and all the ideas and Dreams but only the few every finish it.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #34
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

Car: '09 GT650r
Send a message via MSN to chrisw
heh finally rod comes to the party, and provides one of the reasons why I love N/A so much.

N/A is an artform to get right, although it isn't better than turbo for power gains, its great for creating a well balanced engine, and hell, if you can make a GREAT N/A engine, i have a massive amount of respect. it takes patience and time.

Not to say turbo's are simple, they aren't. but its ALOT easier to gain power by slapping on a turbo haphazardly, than building an N/a engine haphazardly.

That and what rod said is true. If you hear an engine at 9000rpm thats been tuned to perfection. nom nom nom.

UHH CREAM at one or two of those cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqRVqPQD-8
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #35
dave0r
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT Turbo
Send a message via MSN to dave0r
in with the "i made 102wkw N/A fools" post

mazda BP was win!...but not win compared to B18c etc
hehehehhehehehhe

C U
dave0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #36
Ghoru

once again rod's posts are not helpful. at no point did you stop and think "hey he asked what he can do to make a more powerful N/A, i should point him in the right direction" instead rodhog goes "nah thats crap do it my way"
Mate i have the same model and i wanna do mine up for the same reason staplz (cept i going to go a bpt) and i say do it your way, do the research and when you know what you want "most" of the peeps here will be happy to help you.

Old 20-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #37
Astinadroxycuts

Car: 93 323 Astina - Toyota Celica GT4
True
Astinadroxycuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #38
maztech

Car: ......
Go with Ryans idea and have fun doing it . If ya like ya car why change it do mods and enjoy it.
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #39
staplz21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoru View Post
once again rod's posts are not helpful. at no point did you stop and think "hey he asked what he can do to make a more powerful N/A, i should point him in the right direction" instead rodhog goes "nah thats crap do it my way"
Mate i have the same model and i wanna do mine up for the same reason staplz (cept i going to go a bpt) and i say do it your way, do the research and when you know what you want "most" of the peeps here will be happy to help you.
yeh well thats it like i said i wanna N/A it i cant have a turbo yet ne way, and N/A might be harder but so be it , its gona be awsum wen i dun it
Old 20-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #40
Ghoru

if i didnt have only 10 months left till i get my opens i would also try and get a bit more hp as well