Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 12-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #21
robprice

Location: The Central Coast, where the sun shines, the ocean calls, and the potholes have there own postcodes!
Car: ASTNA
but if they both sell the deck i bought, and jb's 150 bucks dearer on the same deck, why would you shop there? supercheap dont sell all great products, agreed, but if they're cheaper on reputal brands (kenwood, panasonic, autometer, maguiars, ect) why pay more at a cooler store? And don't say product knowlage 'cause the manager of my local supercheap knows more about cars ( did his own sr20det conversion with aftermarket computer, many a stereo install and many a clutch and gearbox change after hours!) then almost anyone i know, and that includes a few mechanics!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 04 wrx
Send a message via MSN to goldsp
fair enough mate, im just saying i wouldnt go too supercheap and neither would i go too jb hi-fi for that matter.

anyway about the head unit. i wouldnt suggest buying a 1 preout headunit unless u had absolutely no desire for amps for subs and speakers

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=799
goldsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #23
robprice

Location: The Central Coast, where the sun shines, the ocean calls, and the potholes have there own postcodes!
Car: ASTNA
nah the decks pretty average i whole heartedly agree. I just love my supercheap. ( staff discounts, all rocket industries stuff at store cost). Sorry i just had to have my say, wasn't ment to be a personal attack You get what youy pay for!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:55 PM   #24
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
well i said i wouldn't bring it up... but oh well... if you can compare speakers in close to the same position, you have the same grounds for comparison... rather than needing to change speakers out all the time

there is the cheaping of stereo places... which is a shame, but when you install yourself, you really don't care too much
Old 12-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #25
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 04 wrx
Send a message via MSN to goldsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahb11m
well i said i wouldn't bring it up... but oh well... if you can compare speakers in close to the same position, you have the same grounds for comparison... rather than needing to change speakers out all the time

there is the cheaping of stereo places... which is a shame, but when you install yourself, you really don't care too much

thats true there is less of a concern when doing the install urself, but its important too buy quality stuff too install.

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=799
goldsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #26
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
i bought my sister a sony head unit... was only going with stock speakers, to play cds was perfect for what she needed.... where i wouldn't buy sony again... they sound horrible and sound worse in cars

would still recommend pioneer, and would advise the clarion source unit only... not their speakers or amps