Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Queensland

Old 07-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #101
LordWorm

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbatman
And then there is the driver
A bad driver cant make a quick car fast but a good driver can make a slow car fast
Lets see the 60' times then hey??
Oh yeh, forgot about that...

one of my first ever races was against a worked torana i think...looked like an 11 sec car....but the guy got it sideways almost all the way up the track, and ran a 25sec pass.....
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #102
CHiMPY
mew?

Car: one with 4 wheels...
Send a message via ICQ to CHiMPY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
hope your not throwing drag racers in the same basket as dyno queens... they are 2 different beasts...a dyno queen will go after power at any cost...including traction.
cars setup for drag have to maintain the delicate balance between traction and power....and huge power doesnt always mean super fast times...
No no.. Just saying that the car was not designed to be chasing big power figures OR to be used as a drag car.

"Verily, thou shalt not take unto thine heart any words spoken by the Luser, for I say unto thee, their mouths spout naught but excrement."
CHiMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #103
LordWorm

The boys over at TOCAU are really getting motivated and bringing their sydney friends along for the ride! looks like its gunna be an awesome event...

Just read their forums and seems like a Turbo Hilux will be out to have a crack at our best boosted astinas.

Maybe we should try and do something simillar, and get some of our interstate friends to cruise up (perhaps hookup with the sydney TOCAU guys and go up in one massive convoy....)

Billetting has been touted about on the TOCAU cruise thread for the sydney siders, so in the spirit of good healthy competition (and so you can sabotage the toyotas while they sit in your driveway the night before! ) Maybe we should offer some hospitality if we can?

edit: would be awesome if we could just take up one entire staging lane with mazdas and toyotas! would certainly make for some good photos!

Also are we going to be bbqing again? or what? did we want to bbq again? I don't mind arranging it, but I don't particuarlly wanna be stuck behind the grill this time... so if someone else wants to step up give us a hoi.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #104
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
TOCAU vs TOCKO? Sounds interesting.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #105
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
if you really want to do this lets book out willowbank and have a toyota vs mazda night ...

bringing the hilux defeats the purpose of the whole event ... i make as well ring up all my rotorary mates and get them to come along

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #106
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
if you really want to do this lets book out willowbank and have a toyota vs mazda night ...

bringing the hilux defeats the purpose of the whole event ... i make as well ring up all my rotorary mates and get them to come along
Willowbank would cost MILES too much... mind you, i wouldnt mind paying $100 to have free run of the track for the night...get like 30 runs in or something :P

The hilux is coming because its a free and open night...we cant stop it.. .plus the toyota guys aint bringing any turbos, so our boosted astinas have noone to play with... at least they'll be able to have a chop at something now.

By all means ring the rotaries... everyone likes to see (and hear) them go =)

I mean obviously they wont be in the same class as the other ppl...and obviously the TOCAU guys know that if the hilux beats the boosted astinas, the result wont stand because the hilux has 6cyls and prob butt loads more power.....just like we're not going to have an RX-7 pound the crap out of some stivo and chalk it up as a well deserved win for team mazda....but it doesnt mean that they cant come out and play.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #107
Ian

Car: 1990 R32 GTR
I dont like hearing rotaries go... The sound annoys the fu*k out of me personally. But they go hard, so whos to care?

we should investigate the cost of hiring the track out for a night. If its like 1k and we have 20 - 30 people, its doable.

Theres me, nate, GTXWGN, Fanta, possibly gav, andy, yourself, burbon (go hard son!), possibly others like lynx, 89SP etc from mazda, equal numbers from toyota if not more, I reckon we could manage to raise enough cash to have a dig at it.

Mah Ride!
details
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #108
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

i can say it will be more than 1K ... you will have at least 10 staff on ...

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 08-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #109
LordWorm

Yeh you'd be looking at prob $250 per staff they have on so theres $2500, plus the $1000 or more to hire the venue....

and then what night? they aint gunna do it on a TNT where they get poop loads of cars and make a killing!!!!!

absolutely tops idea...but a bit pricey

Best we could MAYBE hope for is to con them into letting us use the DYO ET setup for our races like the harleys did one time (though the harleys were having an actual event, screaming eagles round i think it was)

If we got the mitsubishi and suzuki forums onboard as well maybe we could get the numbers to have a full on event...maybe... maybe next time we'll look into it
Old 08-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #110
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
I mean obviously they wont be in the same class as the other ppl...and obviously the TOCAU guys know that if the hilux beats the boosted astinas, the result wont stand because the hilux has 6cyls and prob butt loads more power.....just like we're not going to have an RX-7 pound the crap out of some stivo and chalk it up as a well deserved win for team mazda....but it doesnt mean that they cant come out and play.
Dont let the number of cylinders hinder the event I mean if my car was finished would that not count as an astina??
Bring it on Hilux or not
As for bringing all other makes and models I dont think its the best idea, not for fear of loss or win but rather it will make too many different cars and you may as well just race the normal crew that turn up to the 'bank.
Keep gatherings to a limited class/ make so that you still have comparios to play with, then once you play with one type then go and race another. You then could take the best from each series and have an all out but dont mess up the preliminaries in the meantime
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #111
Ian

IMO other classes / makes / models can come and join in the fun if there willing to chip in, so long as its still dominated by the competing classes, they just arent eligable for any of the awards.

This is why im not too concerned about the upcomming corolla vs astina night, its a NA thing so im just gona go to have a blast... As far as FI cars go I probobly got one of the slowest FI astinas anyway and any turbo rolla with a bit of work done to it should be able to beat me.

Mah Ride!
details
Old 08-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #112
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
IMO other classes / makes / models can come and join in the fun if there willing to chip in, so long as its still dominated by the competing classes, they just arent eligable for any of the awards.

This is why im not too concerned about the upcomming corolla vs astina night, its a NA thing so im just gona go to have a blast... As far as FI cars go I probobly got one of the slowest FI astinas anyway and any turbo rolla with a bit of work done to it should be able to beat me.
True... i mean even if you hit 14.5 as you think you will.....there are rollas out there that SHOULD be going quicker NA....throw an SC on and they are gunna be killers...but as yet noone seems to have SC'd the 2ZZ

batman: we would let you race...after all, noone messes with the caped crusader :P just as long as the jet engine is deactivated for parity, and keep those batarangs to yourself :P
Old 08-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #113
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian

Ian: Your car isn't slow in a straight line, it pulls really well in 4th and 5th. eg: I raced Tim when he was on stock boost, and he had 2 passengers in his car plus race wheels, and I had me in the car (2 ppl) and my race wheels, and there was a gap of 1 car length between us by 180 with him in the lead. I raced a green TX3 turbo called 10WKH (a passenger in each car, so me still disadvantaged) and I could stay neck and neck with him til 140 before he would crawl/walk away from me (ask Nate). My car feels slower now with the quiet exhaust which lacks torque, but I can live with it atleast...
Hang on, what was my point? Errr, who cares what time you run, go and improve your technique if your keen, that way you can maximise what you have.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #114
Ian

yeah its a dream to drive on the highway, I can easily accelerate and overtake in 5th, and the throttle is extreemly responsive as it sits right on boost.

And I dont doubt theres a rolla somewhere thats NA and quicker then 14.5.

Mah Ride!
details
Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #115
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
yeah its a dream to drive on the highway, I can easily accelerate and overtake in 5th, and the throttle is extreemly responsive as it sits right on boost.

And I dont doubt theres a rolla somewhere thats NA and quicker then 14.5.
Northy's bum dyno will no doubt tell you thats the case *battens down the hatches, sounds the air raid alarm* :P
Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #116
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo
Ian: Your car isn't slow in a straight line, it pulls really well in 4th and 5th. eg: I raced Tim when he was on stock boost, and he had 2 passengers in his car plus race wheels, and I had me in the car (2 ppl) and my race wheels, and there was a gap of 1 car length between us by 180 with him in the lead. I raced a green TX3 turbo called 10WKH (a passenger in each car, so me still disadvantaged) and I could stay neck and neck with him til 140 before he would crawl/walk away from me (ask Nate). My car feels slower now with the quiet exhaust which lacks torque, but I can live with it atleast...
Hang on, what was my point? Errr, who cares what time you run, go and improve your technique if your keen, that way you can maximise what you have.
you know who the passenger in the KH was dont you

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #117
Ian

if northys car can pull a 14.5 and beat me, thats well and good for him... Im not exactly going to be angry at him for doing well am I?

But if his friend can beat me thats a different matter. When his friend beats me I will give credit to his friend. Im not trying to stir anyone up here, but anyone can come along and go yeah thats good but my friends brothers girlfriends husband can beat that.

Mah Ride!
details
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #118
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
you know who the passenger in the KH was dont you
No I don't. Dunno any of the Ford bois.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #119
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

mr cheese man himself

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #120
QuicKSilveR
AstinaGT Regular

Car: '01 Nissan Silvia s15 (Ex Ford Laser TX3 Turbo FAN74)
Send a message via MSN to QuicKSilveR
Bring on the 2JZ Hiluxes