Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Off Topic

Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
[funny] The rules of 'Shotgun'

Quote:
History Lesson:
The name for the seat (or seats) adjacent to that of the driver comes to us from the American "old"/"wild" west. Aside from a railroad ticket, Stagecoach was the only means of transport during this period. Stagecoaches were also a common means of transporting things of value (eg... payroll money, high ticket merchandise). In this period of lawlessness and hostile (with every right) natives, protection was necessary. Admittedly most people back then were packing some heat, but for added safety, a stagecoach would always have an extra man. He would sit right next to the driver and was armed with a shotgun. This was known as riding shotgun; hence we have “shotgun” to call the front seat of a vehicle.

Rules so far:

1. The shotgunner must be in clear sight of the car, and shotgun can be called regardless of whether the driver is in sight of the car

2. If you are the first to be picked up on a journey you are automatically given shotgun. You retain this position for the entire journey, unless you violate rules 12, 17, 23 or any other rules stipulating the loss of shotgun.

3. You cannot declare shotgun if someone has previously declared shotgun for that journey.

4. When simultaneous shotgun is called, there is then a foot race to the passenger side door from all the people who called.

5. Shotgun cannot be called whilst inside a building (unless you are in a multi-storey or underground car park!)

6. Shotgun cannot be called in advance, only whilst on the way to the car for the journey.

7. Once shotgun has been called the driver has the option of a reload. The driver yells “reload” and this means that all previous calls of shotgun are void and the first person to call shotgun again gets the seat. This is helpful if the driver really doesn’t like the person who first called shotgun. It is often used when there is a simultaneous call and the driver is unsure of the outcome. Note that a shotgun has only 2 barrels so a reload can only be called once.

8. Ja rob rule...if he’s in the car shotgun now means back left, so he cant punch you every time a yellow car goes past.

9. Once shotgun has been called for the front seat then back left and back right can be called. This effectively leaves the slowest person to travel in the middle (of the “bitch” seat).

10. Because everyone is created equal, men have the same right to the front seat of the car as women (ie women don't own the front seat!).

11. If the regular driver of the vehicle is drunk or otherwise unable to perform their duties as driver, then he/she is automatically given shotgun.

12. Once the journey has begun, the driver is the obvious controller of the tunes. However if they feel the road requires their full attention, or they simply cannot be arsed any more, duty is passed to the shotgunner. However putting on crap tunes or allowing for silence when the iPod finishes a song or ANY instances of TAKE THAT will result in demotion to bitch seat.

13. Anyone calling shotgun must have his or her shoes on. This is to stop people running outside and calling shotgun, then having to go back inside to put their shoes on and slowing the journey. This is known as the Shoe Rule.

14. Shotgun overrules Dibs, Baggsies and other girly calls!

15. Despite the debate, shotgun CAN be used to shotgun things other than the front seat (eg back left, back right, women, not going to answer the door, etc).

16. When travelling with a couple, one of the couple MUST shotgun the front. No one wants to chauffer two of their mates whilst they are in the back all over each other.

17. If someone has successfully called shotgun, they have the right to the front seat. They do not have the right to correct the driver on their navigation skills ("take a left here you ********!") or driving ability ("I'd be in third gear if I was driving"). If the passenger does this, then they forfeit their position as shotgun holder.

18. If someone says, "what’s shotgun?" after it has been called then they have to walk.

19. If the shotgunner attempts to open the door just as the driver is unlocking it and jams the lock half open so that the driver needs to lock it and unlock it again, the shotgunner forfeits their position. This is known as shotgun suicide.

20. The holder of shotgun assumes the responsibility for all gate opening, off license nipping into, takeaway ordering and question asking. He/she is in essence the copilot and therefore the enforcer of behavior in the vehicle and exacter of slaps/punches/water spraying/bag throwing at the passengers in the back.

21. Automatic "couple's rights act 1997". This law states that, if the driver is the boyfriend/girlfriend of a passenger in the car, this person has the right to the seat of their choice.

22. If one of the potential occupants of the vehicle is dressed (convincingly) as a pirate then they are given automatic shotgun. In the event of more than one pirate being present, a sword fight shall determine the successful shotgunner. This is known as The Pirate Rule.

23. When driving past a woman walking a dog, everyone in the car must shout out the window, "who's walking who?” It is the shotgunner’s responsibility and failure to spot potential heckling, results in demotion to the bitch seat!

24. When riding in a 2 or 3 door car, it is the responsibility of the shotgunner to allow rear passengers in and out of the back of the car, NOT THE DRIVERS!! Regardless of the weather conditions.

25. Obviously the previous rule on the subject didn’t clarify things completely with everyone coming up with a new rule that over rules shotgun. NOTHING overrules shotgun. Shotgun is final and cannot be overruled!!!!

26. It is the successful shotgunners responsibility to be on the look out for any police and/or speed cameras. if the shotgunner doesn't spot a speed camera and this results in a speeding ticket it is immediately their fault and not the drivers.
i need to keep a copy of this in the car

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
mill_mobile

Car: 98 BJ
Send a message via MSN to mill_mobile
Number 26 could come in handy if your a lead foot
Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Plutonus

Car: Traitor vehicle
LOL gold. I need a copy in my car too
Old 08-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
i am sorry but thats gold do i even want to know where you find this crap dan hahahah

love 12 and 18.

isnt 21 conflicting with 16? what gives there :P

22 WTF

26 AMEN to that hahahah

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitz View Post
isnt 21 conflicting with 16? what gives there :P
16 = couple plus driver
21 = couple where one of them is driver.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 08-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
16 = couple plus driver
21 = couple where one of them is driver.
yeah i get that but my point is its states that where a couple is in the car one must call shot gun to avoid them .... in the back or what ever. and then the other stated that your partner auto gets shotgun... so if there is two couples who gets the shot gun the partner of the driver or one of the other two?

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Rupewrecht
Administrator

16 = if you a chauffering a couple, they must be split with one in the front and one in the rear
21 = if the drivers' partner is in the car he/she gets dibs to any seat they want

..so it depends if the driver is part of that couple or not, as i said before

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Last edited by Rupewrecht; 08-02-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitz View Post

22 WTF
It means that captain feather-sword automatically gets shotgun in the big red car. I'm not sure if the sword fight is a euphemism.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
they left out rule #27. If bourbon, chuck norris and jack buerer are going to the car no one else gets in and bourbon gets shotgun
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #10
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
the pirate rule haha

they should also add the shotgunner is responsible for the safety of any alcohol in the vehicle, one drop spilled and they walk
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #11
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

btw im a pirate as well...they call me priate pete...
Old 08-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #12
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
When simultaneous shotgun is called, there is then a foot race to the passenger side door from all the people who called.

this should be changed to gay chicken or something hahahaa
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
i love it!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #14
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
woo used this on the way home from work, printed and pulled it out when they started arguing about who got the seat. funny to watch their jaws drop
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #15
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
woo used this on the way home from work, printed and pulled it out when they started arguing about who got the seat. funny to watch their jaws drop
Hahahaha now that's priceless.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 12-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda

Last edited by KittyKatSmack; 24-02-2008 at 10:04 PM.
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

or if your nate the boot ride hahaha
Old 22-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #18
Astina Andy

Car: '97 BA Astina
Send a message via MSN to Astina Andy
Printed and will be laminated when I go to my mates house tonite, gonna stay in my glove box

Check out the ride:
My Ride
Astina Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #19
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
This week at TAFE, my young Apprentices are going to fight over that seat again.

But now with this, I can just say your all idiots and hav proof - Because of the rules.

They are so silly they will follow them
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote