Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #41
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
why dont you make the air fuel mixture ratio leaner, that way you will have less gasoline in the cylinder per air in cylinder. this lack of gasoline will be replaced by the product you are putting in the car, yes? im sure that would work . i dont know how to do it but
Old 06-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #42
Toveco

Car: Mazda Astina 1.8 DOHC /91
Send a message via Skype™ to Toveco
Ok! I tray to explain, I put in a jar in my car, it is airtight whit a tip on that I can adjust the air, in the jar is a 2 coil one plus one minus, then I put in distilled water and a half teaspoon of baking soda then I have a vacuum tube from the jar to the injection on the engine then I put on 12v on the jar, it start to make oxygen, not much, but enough to mix whit the gasoline, and the mix make the gasoline split much better and burn more effective, normally the gasoline don't burn so god, you lose a lot on heat, when you mix it whit oxygen you have more power in the gasoline, that mens you save gasoline a lot. I hope you understand my tray to enplane.lol
And one more thing, I gone tray it on my motorbike it is 110cc Honda Air blade
and don't have any computer.lol If it works I help a lot of pore people down here.

And daveOr I don't have the oxygen sensor ether :-)

Last edited by Toveco; 06-08-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Toveco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #43
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

ye i understood what you meant almost from the begining, but i was refering to the fuel mixture ratio. its a setting, either thru the ecu or a adjustment (i do not know how it done is on the BG or BA ) that allowes you to tell the injectors to put more or less petrol in to the cylinders. makeing it lean means telling injectors to put less petrol in to the cylinders. rich means telling them to put more in to the cylinders. by making them lean there will be less gasoline in the cylinder, which is the same result i beleive that you were after when you mentioned creating a greater resistance on the AFM. i hope this is clear, and i hope it helps
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #44
Toveco

Ok. I think I tray out next week, so I gone come back and tell you gays if it works or not, but if I do what I think you men I lose power, whit my stuff I dont lose any power, I have more
Old 07-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #45
FLiP

Car: 2005 Polo GTi
Send a message via MSN to FLiP
I agree, it makes perfect sense, mixing hydrogen in with your fuel.

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, but I am saying that to achieve results with a DIY kit won't work. You will need to produce a lot of hydrogen to make a noticeable difference, you then need to store it, and effectively mix it with the fuel, and then make sure it mixes constantly with the fuel.

Will the car still run without the hydrogen if you changed the air ratios? I know water's not scarce, but it would be annoying if you ran out and your car stopped.

Seems like a lot of effort for little or no gain to me.

I hope you do get results and prove me wrong, honestly, i think we could all benefit from a lower fuel bill.
FLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #46
Toveco

Now I know that my car have a very dumb ECU so I think I don't have to mix whit the airflow, I don't need to store any gas, the gas the kit produce is a enough.lol Wee se I be back son and tell you how it work.
I have a gay on anther site who answer all my question whiteout fighting whit me.lol and now I know more so it is time to do the experiment.
And a big thanks to you deveOr for your big honesty assistance!
see you later.

Last edited by Toveco; 07-08-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #47
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toveco View Post
Ok. I think I tray out next week, so I gone come back and tell you gays if it works or not, but if I do what I think you men I lose power, whit my stuff I dont lose any power, I have more
ye thats what i meant, you will lose petrol part of the power, as injectors will inject less, but you will gain more from ur kit, hopefully
Old 14-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #48
Toveco

Hi.
Now I put in the system, and up and running, so now it is time for testing.
I bee back and tell you how it works.
But I can tell right now that the motor run much smoother and I have more power than before :-)
But now I must test if I save gasoline.
http://picasaweb.google.com/hellsten...22669556192498
http://picasaweb.google.com/hellsten...22683993389250

And FLiP! It works good, no problem at all, and I have more power! ;-)
And DavoAust! I don know who is smart or not but it works GOOD! in my car ( maybe the gay in USA who make this system is sharp)

Last edited by Toveco; 14-08-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 15-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #49
Retro5

Car: 1996 ASTINA HARDTOP
I hope you have got some stainless valves and stainless exhaust, doing this conversion is notorious for

1. not working too well

2. Rusting the guts out of the steel parts of your engine.. due to the water vapour.

I will quite happily pay 1.50 + a litre for ULP thanks.
Retro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #50
Toveco

No problem the exhaust is stainless, but HHO burn out very well in the engine, so no problems
and I live in Thailand, so its hoot every day, and no rust on my car
And incidentally, have you test this your self, or you only guessing?

Last edited by Toveco; 15-08-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #51
Toveco

Smile Working good

Hi!
Now I test the hydrogen system I put in my car!
I works good, I save 30% and I drive on the cheapest gasoline,
I have more power than before and the motor goos much smother than before.
So thats it, I keep it in my car and drive cheaper.

Thanks for me

Tommy
Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #52
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

awesome mate good to hear. give us a update if you can in a few months
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 AM   #53
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
I cant see how this can work at all.

The energy needed for electrolysis is immense, specially to make any noticeable difference in fuel economy or power. At most i can imagine the process due to heat loss would be 50% efficient.

And you most certainly arnt making heavy water ffs. Heavy water IIRC is D2O which is has same sort of properties as water but has Deterium instead of hydrogen. However its most likely that a quantity of heavy water would be D2O and H2HO. Combined with that is that it causes animals to become infertile and is poisonous to humans.

It may have been a year since ive done Chemistry but the only way i can think of this working is that the heat generated causes water vapour which clogs up your fuel line with **** and causes a slower burn as well as lowering the injection volume. (Water is sometimes added to injection to slow down burn times and create a cooler burn, both bad things IMO).
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:54 AM   #54
dave0r
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT Turbo
Send a message via MSN to dave0r
but it doesnt go into his fuel line, its directly into the already oil clogged inlet manifold as vapor

and if water injection is so bad, Why does my "FACTORY" 1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 have the water injector nozzle in the inlet manifold? of course its not enabled being a road car, but its there ready to go when the Rally teams get the ECU.
just a thought for you
dave0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #55
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Depends on the situation, it can be a god send for engines which are running hard all day or high strung engines, as water helps to keep the combustion chambers cool.

Water affects the combustion cycle by lowering the intake charge in the intake manifold allowing a greater density of air to be drawn into the engine, in a NA situation (stock) this has little benefit and can be a risk for engines that don’t have knock sensors such as Tovecos car, as its increasing the amount of air resulting in a leaner burn.

Its second area that it helps is in the combustion chamber where due to heat and the nature of Air, causes N2O to form in the cylinder. The way a combustion cylinder works is that the products produced is greater than the products entering. (More Volume basically) And while mass can’t be gained, it does happen(increase in volume that is) if just can’t be bothered detailing the proper chemistry behind the combustion cycle. To get the most power out of your engine you want a 100% efficient reaction that is only NO2 and CO2 being produced however due to the heat formed in this combustion process, all cars run lean to prevent detonation, lean burning and the afore mentioned heat. Basically the greater the amount of CO2 that can be produced the better the combustion, CO is formed when there isn't enough air to fuel (bad for everyone :P). The water affects this combustion due to the heat present in the combustion chamber the water turns to steam, absorbing some of the heat in the combustion chamber helping to prevent premature detonation (knocking).

Water does however affect AFR so too much of it and you can reverse the results. What Tovecos system is doing i gather is heating the water so that it forms water vapour, in which case he’d be better off just injecting water into the manifold in the first place. I can’t see a 3 amp circuit (I believe he mentioned 3 amp) producing enough Hydrogen to affect his combustion process.

My 2 cents anyhows
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #56
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

we ALL tried telling him this a LONG time ago. there is no point man. let him figure it out on his own the hard way, some ppl have to learn like that...
Old 18-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #57
Toveco

Ok I think we mess up this a bit, I tray many things and the system I use now works for me: I make HHO and connect the jar to the intake after the filter,
and yes it take about 3-4Amp power from battery, I use distilled water and a half teaspoon Sodium Hydroxide in the jar then I put power on, thats it,
Now I drive one month and I check the car if some thing happen whit it,
but NO! every thing is OK, And I save gasoline and have more power than before I put in the system,
I was lucky, my car have a very dumb CPU so I don't need to do so much on it, only connect and drive :-)
I think if I only drive on highway I save 35-40% gasoline now
I drive 2 time to Bangkok and back to Rayong 700km normally my car take 1L/10Km and now 0.65/10Km

and on the cheapest gasoline you can find. Cheers!

I hope this explain every thing.

Last edited by Toveco; 18-09-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 18-09-2008, 01:03 AM   #58
Toveco

And one more thing, I by this car very cheep so I can have it as a test system, but if it work as I think, I make many people happy in my town,
I have a Lott of poor people living here, and I tray it out on my motorbike to 140cc Yamaha Air Blade (Ok upgrade from 110cc) now I drive 156km on 4L/gasoline, so if I don't upgrade I think I drive about 200km
You can think I am crazy if you want....... maybe I am ;-)

Last edited by Toveco; 18-09-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 18-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #59
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

haha mate noone thinks your crazy. what you are doing and for reasons you are doing it is very noble. i got worked up cus to me it didnt make sense n it seemed wrong... but im not a chemist so i cant really argue
Old 18-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #60
Toveco

Thanks man! I don't give a **** what people think about me anyway,
as long it works for me I am happy, and one more thing, I DON'T MAKE A JOKE ABOUT THIS, It is really serious project, and the result so far is GOOD!
Be happy ;-)
Tom