Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Bodykits & Exterior

Old 21-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
I Just Gotta Say That Mazda Is.........

I just gotta say that mazda is the biggest rip off ever for parts, honestly just wanna punch the next guy i meet that works in mazda.

i brought a little piece of plastic, which is under your bonnet, theres a connector with 3 outlets for your water sprayer, coming from the machine that connects to both your water sprayers, it sounds a bit confusing, but i hope you know what im taking about, anyways cost me $13, i know what you guys are saying "cheap-skate" but you have too look at this thing, i wreck'n that a connector from my fish tank would have done the job, looks abit simlar, and cost me $0.50each connector. Hmmmmmmm i should have done that first.

Anyways just felt like say it !

Ps: ive brought other stuff from mazda which cost heaps, example Mazda charged me $690 for a radiator andlater found a site from ozeparts and they were selling it for about $390 genuine as well.

I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT OTHERS HAVE BROUGHT FROM MAZDA AND WHAT THEY PAID FOR IT ? IF IT WAS TO MUCH, LESS - ANYTHING ?
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 21-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
butters323

Send a message via MSN to butters323
My mums remote on her mazda has failed. New one.... 200 bucks. WTF crazy ****. Cost price of tranmitters is like chips.
Old 21-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
Dutchy

Car: BG Astina SP Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
i had to get all the gaskets from around the turbo and manifold from mazda.

They were good about it cos they had to order some from Melbs and one from overseas and i knew i couldnt get them anywhere else in Ballarat.

But yeah i got a trade discount and still paid thru the nose!!!

For example the gasket that goes to the dump pipe of the turbo cos $56 and is only the size of ur hand.
A gasket the same size from an exhaust shop is about $15.....

Jeremy
Old 21-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
You have a 10+ year old car and you can still get parts from the manufacturer. It costs $$$ to have these parts sitting on the shelf waiting for you to have the need.
Try buying a Holden. Anything over five years is sold off, they don't want to know about it.
Mazda supports its product but it costs a few more bucks.
Old 21-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
everyone knows buying from the manufacturor is high $$$, do some research next time and save $$$
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
mike_d87
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina
i have paid 300 for wheel bearing, hub and seal TRADE, when repco have them for 200 RETAIL. you cannot put the blame on the guy selling them, he will only charge what mazda tell him.
mike_d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
DrSilver

Car: Astra Sri T
Send a message via MSN to DrSilver
You reckon mazda is expensice! Nissan wants $1200 for a throttle body for a pulsar!! Thats like buying a whole engine!
DrSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
Noble323
E74A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
You have a 10+ year old car and you can still get parts from the manufacturer. It costs $$$ to have these parts sitting on the shelf waiting for you to have the need.
Try buying a Holden. Anything over five years is sold off, they don't want to know about it.
Mazda supports its product but it costs a few more bucks.
True in one way, you try to get parts for a new car like 2006 and you tell me how much it is, alot more than my 10yr old car in parts, - plus holden ????? and 5 yrs is sold off, thats abit funny cause last week we did a wheel bearing change on a 1994 holden and holden supplied the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayryry
everyone knows buying from the manufacturor is high $$$, do some research next time and save $$$
Yes i know but come man, have you brought anything from holden ? there cheap as, plus my point is not that is high, but is way over high, its not right in a way, okay radiators (example) if i look around id maybe find one for about $300 maybe ? - ozeparts are selling GENUINE MAZDA Radiator for $390 and Mazda are selling them for $690 (for the v6 auto ba hardtop)

i know its high, but like i said way to high as if its overpriced.
Old 22-07-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
Noble323
E74A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d87
i have paid 300 for wheel bearing, hub and seal TRADE, when repco have them for 200 RETAIL. you cannot put the blame on the guy selling them, he will only charge what mazda tell him.
No one is saying im blaming anyone, just that its to to to much $$$$, Mazda tells him, im not taking about him, im taking about mazda

Plus i know alot of other car dealers like nissan, mitsubishi etc.... im not complaining about them - but more towards the company ripping people off.

Plus im not making a big thing about it, cause nothing will change, i just wanted to let out my anger a little

Also im taking it in your message when you said "you cannot blame on the guy selling them, he will charge what mazda tell him'" you are refering to what i wrote above "just wanna punch the next guy i meet that works in mazda." i dont mean that im really wanna just punch him out, but f*&%. We buy a car to enjoy until something go's wrong, and not only thats bad, but then you buy the parts to fix your car. Hope you know what i mean.

Last edited by Noble323; 22-07-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 22-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #10
TERRA Operative

Car: -
Toyota charged $75 for a power window switch for my parents Tarago....

They're good cars, but damn, $75??!!
TERRA Operative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
and? mazda is great for parts... i don't know what your comparing your prices to? anyway - try comparing to other manufacturers.... esp holden vs mazda.. or even maz vs. ford

if your concerned about the prices get it from a wrecker dude
Old 22-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #12
ATOMIC
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2007 Toyota Corolla Ascent/1996 Mazda 323 Astina
Send a message via MSN to ATOMIC
When I repaired my car, I had no choice but to go aftermarket at the time because of financial situations, but I regret not buying genuine to begin with.

2007 Toyota Corolla Ascent
1996 Mazda 323 Astina - Profile
1994 Subaru Impreza GX
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #13
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble323
True in one way, you try to get parts for a new car like 2006 and you tell me how much it is, alot more than my 10yr old car in parts, - plus holden ????? and 5 yrs is sold off, thats abit funny cause last week we did a wheel bearing change on a 1994 holden and holden supplied the parts.
Holden don't make wheel bearings, brake pads etc...
My fault I should be clearer, 5 years after the last of a model is made by Holden they stop supporting their products with genuine Holden made parts. They can source many parts for a 202 red motor but they will not be genuine Holden parts. Mazda on the other hand can supply almost any part for older cars such as the an R100 or 1500 sedan.
Old 22-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #14
DrSilver

Car: Astra Sri T
Send a message via MSN to DrSilver
hyundai charges $300 for a driver`s side power window switch
DrSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
hks_kansei
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mondeo
a brake master cylinder for an 82 626.

Mazda genuine $400

direct from PBR (who also manufacture the mazda OEM ones) $180

guess who got my business.................

71.3kw@5341rpm - 394.4nm@3968rpm - Protek Dyno.
2000 Mazda MX5
hks_kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #16
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
MAZDA quoted me $600 to replace my waterpump for V6 Hardtop. Bought 1 form work for $90 and had it installed by mechanic + all oil seals and new timing Belt for $330.

You should always do your research for parts anything over $50 i would research atleast at 1 other store. Then again sometimes aftermarket is better. like radiators some aftermarket are alot better and can be cheaper and also alot of other parts eg clutch kits and so on and so forth. I would rather go aftermarket and spend less get better parts thats only on some parts. Eg brake pads, air filters, fuel filters, rotors, fuel pumps, most performance parts.

But yer haha $13 for that windscreed washer splitter haha i sell it at work for $3

Team AJ Member PM 4 details
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 01:59 AM   #17
MAztinA 323

Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia CA18DET
Send a message via MSN to MAztinA 323
bg sunroof from mazford = $370
Old 24-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #18
Noble323
E74A

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus
and? mazda is great for parts... i don't know what your comparing your prices to? anyway - try comparing to other manufacturers.... esp holden vs mazda.. or even maz vs. ford

if your concerned about the prices get it from a wrecker dude
Okay to make it clear'r to platypus & cosmo dude,

Yes im compaining - just like others complain and wanna talk, i dont see your point by telling me to compare holden to mazda, i did and alot cheaper, you can bascially ask any mechanic and they will maybe say the same thing, call both of them and ask for a gaurd, headlights, tailights, and you see a big difference in the price and holden is much cheaper.and ask for recent models.

Anyways we are all talking here, you dont have to be negative about it, so your telling me the price is good, well i hope one day something happens to your car and you go genuine and get ripped off - and i wanna see what you'd say.

Also if you read my last post it stated that i can go somewhere else and get "GENUINE PARTS" form other shops/retailers - and if i go to Mazda id be paying more,

Example : search ozeparts and compare it to mazda (the geniune ones) i wish i got my radiator from ozeparts than mazda, i would have saved $300 and both was geniune.

Now ask your self something : Do you think thats right ? if you think its right that mazda can charge alot more for the same products and from them "Mazda" then i dunno what to say to you.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #19
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
i brought a geniune BA S3 headlight headlight from Mazda for $450.00 and it was different from the original that i was replacing. he replacement 1 was a malayasian made bosch 1. where the original factory fitted 1 was polish/austrian made bosch. even the parts supplier numbers where different. the glass, reflector and housing are all the same, but have a different manufacturor!!!

so even genuine parts aren't the same as original. so i'd be happy to pay for non-genuine parts as long as they where the same.

retail is retail dude. mazda corp. and ozeparts are 2 different companies. so they have different overheads and profit margins. they can charge whatever they want. if you brought from someone that charged you more, then you are the silly bugger that didn't shop around and get the best deal. the only person you can blame is yourself. do not blame mazda.

because you are having a rant though, it does sound like you have learnt your lesson and become al the more wiser for it. to all others reading this thread - take note! there is always a better deal to be had out there.

ryan

ryan

Last edited by project.r.racing; 24-07-2006 at 11:16 AM.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #20
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
I'd say if you want a T tube for window washers in future, just go to AutoBarn or Supercheap. But if you EVER want a wiring harness for a towbar, GO TO MAZDA! They only cost $17!!! So Mazda are good for something, oil filters is another thing they do a decent price, and so window wiper refills...

It's worth making 3 phone calls before purchasing if you're ever worried about it.
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote